A Gallon Of Water A Day

Options
This is my 3rd week of drinking over a gallon of water a day. i find counting my ounces helps me be more efficiant. I have noticed that this helps me not retain water weight during my "time of the month" . Also, it helps me cut the extra calories i don't need in the day along with more energy.

Does anyone else drink lots of water? And if so , what is your maximum as I have read you can drink to much water in a day.

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I don't drink any.
  • tasha12004
    tasha12004 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    So what do you drink?
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    I drink about 32oz coffee and creamer, then after that another 32oz unsweetened tea in my yeti cup. For some it helps to drink a lot of water/liquids, for some we find it unnecessary. I find water boring, and I'm too lazy to add things to it.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    I just stay hydrated...my requirements for staying hydrated are going to be pretty variable depending on what's going on, training, time of year, etc...I don't have any set daily amount...I just stay hydrated. Over-hydrating is a thing too.
  • CassondraKennedy
    CassondraKennedy Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    When I drink my 67 ounces per day, I have the same beneficial effects! I don't usually drink more than that though, so I can't speak to how much is too much.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I drink over 130 ounces of water a day during the week. I brought a 64 ounce cup with a straw to work and I drink 2 of those before I leave for the day. However, I need something like that at home because I don't seem to get quite as much at home - drinking from my smaller cups.

I have noticed a huge difference, mainly a flatter stomach. Keep it up
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I drink up to 1.5 gallons daily. I don't force it, just keep the bottle near me and drink when I'm thirsty. I've always heard "if you're thirsty you're dehydrated", but I've been doing it for a few (3-4) months now and just never felt different. Got checked by my Dr, no health issues - so maybe I'm just weird. I do tend to drink less on weekends (about 1/2 gallon) but I think that's because I get busy running errands...
  • MalkinMagic71
    MalkinMagic71 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I drink enough coke zero to hydrate during the day. I drink plain water while I'm working out and after, but other than that I don't drink much just plain water.
  • tasha12004
    Options
    Well im ranging between 114 ounces and 146 ounces. I don't feel like im drinking a lot but i do feel improvement at the gym when i drink that amount. Meaning I have more energy and can go longer during my cardio and weight training days. I was worrying that maybe i was putting to much in my body , but i don't see any harm so far.
  • tiamariakc
    tiamariakc Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Drink as much as you need to keep urine clear to light yellow and fairly frequent, or according to thirst. This can vary widely depending on activity/exercise level. My bff who used to hate water drinks a gallon a day now by infusing with various whole fruit. Here's a good article on drinking too much. Basically, don't drink more than 1 liter (33 oz.) per hour.

https://authoritynutrition.com/water-intoxication/
  • Erotyka
    Erotyka Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I joke that I'm the most hydrated person in Scotland.

I get through a minimum of 5L (169 US fl. oz) a day. The upper limits I've heard for most - no more than 1L/hour, or 15L/day (becomes dangerous kidney-wise). Closest I ever got was 8L, and I was... sooooo ridiculously cold all day, chugging all that cold water, but I was thirsty!

• tasha12004
    Options
    So realistically you could by the science drink 264 ounces of water within a 8 hour period if your drinking 33 oz per hour. Which 264 ounces is about 2 gallons of water. That's perfect. I was reading that a gallon was to much and if over a gallon you can get water intoxication.
  • Erotyka
    Erotyka Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I would definitely double-check those numbers as I am not a medical professional, and make sure you're aware of the symptoms of water intoxication. I've certainly gotten close to 2 gallons (over the course of the whole day, not 8 hours) and lived to tell the tale but I am not representative of everyone.

I drink over a gallon daily though. Have done for a loooong time.
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I drink 4-5 liters generally; sometimes 6 in the summer. I sweat like a man (a very sweaty man), so I'm in no danger of dying from overhydration.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Erotyka wrote: »
    I joke that I'm the most hydrated person in Scotland.

I get through a minimum of 5L (169 US fl. oz) a day. The upper limits I've heard for most - no more than 1L/hour, or 15L/day (becomes dangerous kidney-wise). Closest I ever got was 8L, and I was... sooooo ridiculously cold all day, chugging all that cold water, but I was thirsty!

Well...you may be. Many of us use water as a vehicle to release new aromas trapped in the heaven on earth that is Scotch.
  • LessCookiess
    LessCookiess Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I ensure that I stay hydrated but I don't drink a gallon of water. I work in an office, so this is not sustainable for me unless I plan on having a cubicle next to the restroom lol. I've read online that one can determine from their urine color if they are properly hydrated or not.
    I can understand in the summer if someone is extremely thirsty drinking a lot but for me it's not going to be a gallon.
    Great job on drinking so much though.
  • jim666z
    jim666z Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    2 glasses of water before dinner.it helps fill you up so you dont eat so much.