Appetite Suppression

Options
2»

Replies

• amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Water an extra glass or two seems to help me feel fuller.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I've heard saffron is an appetite suppressant, I have some capsules I bought for mood but never tried them
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,009 Member
    Options
    Ambe000 wrote: »
    I found tea bags from traditional medicinals and its called weightless. Its dandelion, cranberry and other natural herbs and used to alleviate water retention temporarily.

it tastes lovely, no caffeine and no over the counter diet pills that could be harmful to your body.

Anything that actually affects your body can be harmful to your body, even "natural herbs."
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I found that 100 grams of jicama suppressed appetite for me. It's a sweet, crunchy, high fiber, low calorie root.
  • LessCookiess
    LessCookiess Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Water works for me. If I eat something and find myself hungry 20 minutes later, a glass of water will usually take care of the hunger.
    I second this!
  • MaddMaestro
    MaddMaestro Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Water and high fiber foods
  • counting_kilojoules
    counting_kilojoules Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I was on a medication that had appetite suppression as a side effect and lost a reasonable amount of weight. The thing is, when I was taken off the medication, my appetite came back and so did the weight. Plus a bit extra. If you do it with drugs you're likely to just go back to old habits (because you didn't unlearn them, just suppressed them).
  • KristyDonovan
    KristyDonovan Posts: 67 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    You could see a bariatric dr. They could prescribe a short term dose of: Metaformin, topamax, phentermine (which will give you the jitters), contrave, or any other number of drugs. However the only lasting solution is to eat a high fiber diet with the right macros to keep you fuller longer. The most successful weight loss is slow and steady. Good luck!