reduce cals by 60% in rice

Options

Replies

• Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Piqueaboo wrote: »
    Or just make cauliflower rice. It's not bad at all and has significantly less calories.

'It's not bad at all'
    Liar :'(

Really? I hate cauliflower like that, but as 'rice' I've really enjoyed it - risotto, as a "cushion" for chicken and broccoli, plenty of hotsauce - I really don't get the hate. Maybe we can agree on sweet potato everything? ^^
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I don't look for alternatives or cheats. Just dish up an amount that fit your goals.

I really don't have the time to mess on either. I could have burnt the extra couple of calories in that time.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    If you want to reduce calories in rice, try mixing some diced veg through it, or frozen peas or sweetcorn.

(And eating less)
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Piqueaboo wrote: »
    Or just make cauliflower rice. It's not bad at all and has significantly less calories.

'It's not bad at all'
    Liar :'(

With you on this. My wife tried to get me to eat this. Bleh.
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    tmoneyag99 wrote: »
    Off topic funny but sad story about rice. In the 70s a professor from my University actually cultivated rice that was higher calories and more nutrient dense since such a large portion of the world ate it and were starving. This cultivation resulted in more societies thriving.

NOW... We are all trying to eliminate that rice from our diets. My how far we have come.

Only in America*
    The rest of the world still needs those new and improved varieties.

(* and OECD countries)