The more I work out the more cellulite I see?

Options
2»

Replies

• cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    Has ANYONE here even bothered reading an article about cellulite...

I've read lots of them, thanks. Why? I also can see my own thighs and *kitten* in the mirror, so I feel safe in explaining what I saw. Are we all just wrong that cellulite appears to get worse temporarily sometimes, or is there an explanation in an article I've missed?

Pick apart my little theory (really!): I think it was the looser skin and the 'sudden' tightening of the muscle. Do you have cellulite? If so (or anyone else), squeeze your butt cheeks really tightly and see if it looks worse then.

I love science and articles, really. But come on. 90 some percent of women have cellulite and we know what it looks like. Maybe there is something going on here (temporarily, I think). Or we're all crazy or liars I guess ;)

Sorry, I get irked sometimes when men tell me about my period cramps or cellulite! And add childbirth if I'd ever had a kid, I'm sure. But theorizing is good, so please do go on :)
  • jennegan1
    jennegan1 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I thought that cellulite has to do with blood flow and not being skinny/ fat or non muscular/muscular thats why they say that when others are "skinny" they still can have cellulite
  • Twinmamamarion
    Twinmamamarion Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Liposuction...lol. But seriously, walking hills.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    I thought that cellulite has to do with blood flow and not being skinny/ fat or non muscular/muscular thats why they say that when others are "skinny" they still can have cellulite

There are conflicting opinions, but very many researchers do believe that blood flow (put simply) is 'the' primary cause. I think it is a contributing factor, myself.

Here is the best review I've found:

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1467-2494.2006.00316.x/full

I'd also add in genetic factors, and here is an interesting piece on that:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20059631

These aren't very laymen-friendly articles! But particularly in the first one, the bulleted lists give a good summary, imho.

The jury is still out on who is more correct (or are they all right?). But MRI imaging is showing a lot of interesting results that go in all three directions (then add in the gene results). The long review has citations, and I have more if anyone (ahem!) needs them :)