Fitbit opinions

Options
2»

Replies

• Squish815
    Squish815 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I had a Zip and I now have and Alta. I've found they're great motivation for moving more - especially at the start when I realised how little I was moving and then again when I started challenges against friends.

I've always used them along with MFP and sometimes I eat all the calories back, sometimes I don't but I mostly eat into around half of what it says I have burned.

I should probably look in to it a bit more to see how accurate it is, but it's worked for me well over the last 2 years!
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I enjoy my fit bit for both tracking activity level and sleep tracking. I also enjoy challenges. Will it make you lose weight, No. Is it a fun toy, kind of.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Tunesey wrote: »
    I am not at all a techie person :/ how does one link their Fitbit with MFP? I have the charge HR.

On your fitbit app go to your account area and scroll down to find compatible apps...find it there and sync them.

On MFP App go to your menu and find "steps" and make sure fitbit is checked off....in the same area find "apps" and devices and make sure under connected you see the fitbit symbol.
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    MFP give me about 400-500 more calories than my fitbit does because of the sync. Some days I eat them back, some days I don't - for example, yesterday I had around 1580 calories, MFP says I had 200 more to eat based of the feedback from fitbit, Fitbit says I ate over by 122. I figure as long as I'm somewhere in between I'm good because I have my fitbit set to 2 lb loss anyway.