I'm looking for other hippie chicks who don't shave...

Options
MzPix
MzPix Posts: 177 Member
I'm looking for other hippie chicks who don't shave so we can discuss things like good places to go swimming, handling ridicule in gyms and fitness environments, and building confidence while not conforming to cultural norms.

You are absolutely more than welcome to message me in private if you aren't comfortable speaking up on the forums.

Hairs to you! :drinker:

Replies

• susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    I do shave my armpits for better odor control, but nothing else. Can I still hang out around the edges?
  • GormanGhaste
    GormanGhaste Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Sending you a FR :)
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for other hippie chicks who don't shave so we can discuss things like good places to go swimming, handling ridicule in gyms and fitness environments, and building confidence while not conforming to cultural norms.

You are absolutely more than welcome to message me in private if you aren't comfortable speaking up on the forums.

Hairs to you! :drinker:

Do you seriously face ridicule? That's so terrible. I choose to shave my pits and legs (it's a comfort thing for me), but most of my friends do not, and neither do the majority of women at my gym. As far as I can tell, no one bats an eye. You need to find a new fitness environment..
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Do you seriously face ridicule? That's so terrible. I choose to shave my pits and legs (it's a comfort thing for me), but most of my friends do not, and neither do the majority of women at my gym. As far as I can tell, no one bats an eye. You need to find a new fitness environment..

I have definitely had random people lecture me about my unshaven legs.
  • MzPix
    Options
    Can I still hang out around the edges?

Absolutely!
  • GormanGhaste
    GormanGhaste Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I have never understood the entitled attitude that some people have that strangers should conform their appearance to other people's tastes.
  • MzPix
    Options

Oh yes,, the ridicule is rampant here in the heartland of USA too. It's a cultural thing that takes a long time to change. All the gyms here would have folks of the same mindset.
    Haters gonna hate. I can't change that.
    But I sure can spread the love instead! :flowerforyou:
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options

Oh yes,, the ridicule is rampant here in the heartland of USA too. It's a cultural thing that takes a long time to change. All the gyms here would have folks of the same mindset.
    Haters gonna hate. I can't change that.
    But I sure can spread the love instead! :flowerforyou:

I will never understand that. It's your own body. Do (or don't do) whatever you want. I live in a fairly hippie-friendly neighbourhood, which I often take for granted.

I like your attitude though! Feel free to add me if you like.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Interesting topic :smile:
    Just stopped by to have a read.
  • bbbgamer
    bbbgamer Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    the spreading of the love part sounds interesting...

everyone should read your about me page....spoiler alert: awesomeness!
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Me right here!!!!!!!!
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I just can't

NO
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    In, to witness the ridicule
  • SoViLicious
    Options
    I just can't

NO

But you said you wanted me hairy! How dare you lie to me. I've got over two inches of growth all for you? Now what am I to do with this hairy Jay?
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    wiig_omg.gif
  • Factory_Reset
    Options
    I just can't

NO

But you said you wanted me hairy! How dare you lie to me. I've got over two inches of growth all for you? Now what am I to do with this hairy Jay?

Oh, my bad.

I will braid it for you

C'mere
  • SoViLicious
    Options
    I just can't

NO

Oh, my bad.

I will braid it for you

C'mere

No pigtails
  • Factory_Reset
    Options
    I just can't

NO

Oh, my bad.

I will braid it for you

C'mere

No pigtails

I was thinking dreads?

And beads that we may use elsewhere.
  • bbbgamer
    bbbgamer Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    good lawd...
  • claritarejoice
    claritarejoice Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    That's me :D Many women don't shave in Europe and other parts of the world - it's totally fine. I'll start shaving as soon as men start regularly shaving their pits and arms (Michael Phelps not included) :D