Samsung Gear S3 (S health) sync - Can anyone help

Options
Hi,

I have a S7 edge + Gear S3 and I am using S-health. I like it becaues I can easily add water on my watch and also the start/stop exercise of S-health is very comfortable. I installed MyFitnessPal and I do like a few things like adding food is easier than on s-health because MFP has a website to do it. Also the calculations that is done on the MFP is very nice. So for this reason I want to sync them together.

So, I have s-health installed. I then installed MFP. I added s-health in MFP under "Apps & Devices" and in shealth I gave MFP full permissions. I then selected the "steps" in MFP to use S Health (I also have a "samsung" option. Not sure what the difference is)

But it will sync my steps from my shealth but it doesn't sync my exercises. So if I start/stop jumping jacks that doesn't get synced to MFP. It is suppose to sync? Feels kind of useless having MFP and Shealth sync only for steps. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance

Replies

• katillac625
    katillac625 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Following for the same advice. Thanks for posting.
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,818 Member
    Options
    Hi :)

I just figured it out. If you go to S Health go to More > Settings > Data Permissions

You will see the apps that S Health is connected to. Go to Mtfitnesspal

Under Allowed to read see that Exercise is tuned on. This will allow MFP to read your exercise data from SHealth. If you want SHealth to read from MFP then turn on exercise under allow to write.

I keep exercise turned of because I use a Polar HRM for exercise and then enter the calories manually otherwise it just duplicates my exercise.

I hope this helps.
  • brasda91
    brasda91 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    ^ I have done this and still nothing syncs. My meals are entered in SH and is not syncing over to MFP. Is it possible I need to first enter my meals and exercising into MFP and have it sync to SH?
  • GBO323
    GBO323 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    It's been fixed. I have S3>Note8> Samsung HEalth+MFP. Great combination.
  • seat151
    seat151 Posts: 172 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Has it bern fixed using the above solution or is there another way?
  • tzbmidland
    tzbmidland Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Are you telling me you can hook up Samsung gear to MFP? Oh my!! My son has one that I got a kick butt deal on and I want one too!! Game changer!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Good to hear, as I never could get my samsung to sync with MFP
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Yeah I've changed my settings on both apps and still not syncing...but maybe it will after a few hours?
  • CricketClover
    CricketClover Posts: 388 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    When I initially set mine up to sync it seems like it took it a little while (maybe even a day or so) to fully do its thing.

Edit to add: if you use MFP mostly on the computer you need to open the app on your phone, SHealth talks to the app so if the app hasn't synced with what you have entered on the website it won't show on SHealth and vice versa I imagine.
  • seat151
    seat151 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Still no luck with me
  • mjupton923
    mjupton923 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have s8-gear s3..will not sync my steps..just wait it out?
  • Golferdrone
    Golferdrone Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    can never get mine to sync steps, I just continue to use Shealth with MFP