Mom in 40s Starting Over! Taking it One Day at a Time!!

Options
michelleRKdavidson
michelleRKdavidson Posts: 18 Member
edited March 2017 in Introduce Yourself
Good morning everyone. I am a 44 year old wife and a mother of two teenagers!
I work full time, volunteer at my kids school and never make time anymore to take care of myself.
BUT I am ready to feel better and feel better about myself. SO I am starting from square one and just taking it one day at time. I get overwhelmed when I think about how much weight I want to loose!
My plan includes calorie counting along with exercise.

Good luck to anyone who is starting over as well! I would welcome encouraging people with a similar journey to add as friends.
:smile:

Replies

• perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm a 48 year old mother of 5 and I know how easy it is to get lost in ma-ma land and forget about yourself. I work from home and volunteer at the school and with the elderly. I just started back two weeks ago. Feel free to add me if you want more friends!
  • Its_My_Time
    Its_My_Time Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I am 46 yrs young, lol, and I've been on and off again with my journey. I have 3 grown children and also work full time. But, with my kids all grown, I really need to just focus on ME and really put my health at the top of my list and no longer in the back burner. I've just returned to MFP and ready for some positive changes and enjoying the healthier ME! Welcome Michelle!
  • chubbyone73
    chubbyone73 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!! Im 43 mom of two boys 13 and 7 yrs old. Stay at home. Not very active but hope to change that. I have a problem hitting the food if i get stressed or upset and according to the scales must be a lot. I have gained about 40 pds since the youngest was born. In a lil rut. No support...but surely get downed frequently by the kids. Im sure they dont mean it but still hurts which makes me want to eat more. Whata cycle...and of course age isnt helping either. Feel free to add me to your group.