I've gain so much weight

I keep trying to lose weight but I keep gaining .I had a baby 5 months ago I don't know what to do I'm counting calories on here I'm walking everyday only to have gain 5 pounds a week later . This makes me even more sad and keep eating I don't know what to do anymore before I never had this problem before with losing weight I just want to give up so bad .I weight 10 pounds more than I did when I was pregnant.Any suggestions?

Replies

• cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Are you weighing your food? Are you logging everything you consume and using correct entries (i.e. no homemade or generic)? If you are gaining you are (1) consuming more than you think, (2) could be close to TOM or (3) new activity has caused some fluid retention (DOMS).
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Best of luck to you!!!
  • mama10716
    mama10716 Posts: 5 Member
    I am 65 and in a wheelchair w/MS. I stick to my calorie goal and don't worry about it. I lost 37 lbs. I am 5'9" and weigh 138. If I can do it, so can you.

You just gave me so much inspiration thank you !
  • ramonramirez1975
    ramonramirez1975 Posts: 36 Member
    If using a scale becomes too tedious just serve yourself in a saucer or teacup plate. I was counting calories and used a scale, but when I go out to eat it became impossible to carry a scale and weight the food, so I used smaller plates and so far it has worked for me. Get your carbs from natural sources only like veggies and fruits.