When do you eat?

Options
2»

Replies

• rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I usually eat breakfast, lunch and dinner with 3 - 5 hours in between meals depending on the size. No snacking. The timing varies.

Sometimes I'm hungry at 9am, other times it's closer to noon. It depends on when I stopped eating the day prior and my workout the evening before.

So in that sense I eat just when I start to get hungry. I just make sure I close the kitchen after dinner.

I do work and workout at home so I have a lot of freedom when it comes to when and what I eat.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    It's the other way around for me. It's breakfast, lunch and dinner time when I'm hungry.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    During the work week I tend to follow a schedule -
    Mondays I fast
    Tuesday - small breakfast (about 250 cal), lunch around 2 pm, dinner somewhere between 8-9 pm.
    Wed, Thu, Fri - skip breakfast, lunch around 2 pm, dinner somewhere between 8-9 pm.

Sat and Sun are wide open. I eat when I want and around activities. I eat a lot more on weekends than during the week.

Edit: These are not 'rules'. It's just the way I usually eat. Sometimes I do something different.
  • DamieBird
    DamieBird Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot more often during the week than I do on weekends.
    A typical weekday:
    Breakfast 1 about 630 (150 ish calories)
    Breakfast 2 about 930 (250 ish)
    Lunch at 12 noon (300-500)
    Snack between 2 and 3 (100-150)
    Post workout snack (if I had a lighter lunch) around 530 (100 - 150)
    Dinner around 7pm (400- 500 calories)
    Bedtime snack (usually a cookie and tea) at 930pm (100 calories)

A weekend is brunch around 1030, and another meal around 4, and I'm done for the day (unless there is wine involved ;) )
  • fbchick51
    fbchick51 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Mines pretty scheduled due to the rest of my day

Breakfast is about 7:30
    Pre-workout snack at 10:30
    lunch about 1:30
    Dinner is when I, or someone in the family gets hungry.. so anywhere from about 6-7:30

Weekends are more flexible, but my body is so use to the schedule that hunger kicks in about the usual times anyway.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Never by the clock.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    I eat before work, I eat when I'm scheduled lunch, I eat when I get home. May snack in between. Weekends are when I'm hungry, I generally try and hold off breakfast a bit for a decent size brunch.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    I eat whenever I have the time, usually 2-3 snacks and 1 meal.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast (around 8:30 AM), lunch (around 1 PM), dinner (around 8:30 PM), and a couple of snacks (usually in the afternoon)...I'm generally hungry when those meal times roll around...and besides that, skipping or missing them on any kind of regular basis would not be a good thing for me.
  • z4oslo
    z4oslo Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I eat when im hungry, whenever that may be.

The upside: I never go hungry for long.
    The downside: None. I get to eat when im hungry!!

So now you may wonder how it affect my wight loss.
    It does not affect my weight loss at all. This week im celebrating 35 weeks on a row with a weight loss. Started at 220 pounds, and this week im down to 152 pounds. BMI is now at 22.

Im pretty dog proud.
    (Needed a break from kitten)
  • Windrunner666
    Windrunner666 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I eat whenever I'm hungry. Maybe it's goid, maybe bad but it's how I roll nowadays, find it best to feel good.
  • endlessfall16
    endlessfall16 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    During the work week I tend to follow a schedule -
    Mondays I fast
    Tuesday - small breakfast (about 250 cal), lunch around 2 pm, dinner somewhere between 8-9 pm.
    Wed, Thu, Fri - skip breakfast, lunch around 2 pm, dinner somewhere between 8-9 pm.

Sat and Sun are wide open. I eat when I want and around activities. I eat a lot more on weekends than during the week.

Edit: These are not 'rules'. It's just the way I usually eat. Sometimes I do something different.

^^ That's kinda my schedule too.

I fast/eat little in boring meals (M-half Thur). Eat more with family, friends and before/after my sport sessions. Works great.
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    -11am-noon
    -5pm-6pm
    and then an occasional snack at around 3 pm if I feel like it.
  • TxTiffani
    TxTiffani Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I typically just drink hot tea with unsweetened almond milk in the mornings having my first meal at 12pm. I eat dinner with my family around 6pm and usually will eat a snack in the afternoon and a dessert in the evening after dinner. I'm a 5'0 woman with about 30lbs to lose so I don't have a huge amount of calories for the day. It helps me to eat them during a 12-8ish window. It seems I will be just as hungry in the afternoon and evening whether I eat breakfast or not so I don't.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    11, 4:30, 7:30 and 9:30
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I get hungry at normal breakfast, lunch and dinner times. I eat at about the same times every day. It is pretty convenient that I get hungry at predictable intervals of 3-5 hours during the day.

I suppose if I started skipping meals or eating at different times then I would get used to it and start feeling hungry at different times.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I'm another person who doesn't have good hunger cues. Used to eat based on what people around me were eating, which was of course a terrible idea for me.

I eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Right around 7 am, 11:30 am, and 6 pm. No snacks.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I eat dinner with my husband. Aside from that, I eat whenever I'm hungry. 2-4 times a day. When the final calories are spent, it's time for bed.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,967 Member
    Options
    My day ...

No breakfast
    10 am snack - cheese & crackers
    12:30 pm snack - banana
    2:00 pm lunch - chicken, rice or noodles, steamed veggies
    3:30 pm snack - yogurt
    4:45 pm snack - apple, mandarin or some other fruit
    6 pm snack - cottage cheese, raw veggies, whole wheat crackers
    7:30 pm dinner - steamed veggies & ... whatever else my husband makes
    9:30 pm snack - yogurt
    11 pm snack - toast with nutella & honey
    12:30 am snack - McVities digestive biscuit with chocolate coating or a few cheese crackers

Whether I eat large meals or not, I get ravenously hungry about 1.5 hours later. I can pack away a massive dinner, and be prowling around the kitchen 1.5 hours later. Therefore, I feel so much more comfortable if I just keep the food coming on a regular basis ... but keep everything on the small side.
  • RaphaBianchi
    RaphaBianchi Posts: 51 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    My normal weekday routine is pretty much the same everyday:
    7:30: Breakfast ~300cal
    9:30: Granola bar ~200cal
    12:00: Lunch ~500cal
    15:00: Apple ~100cal
    16:00: Banana ~100cal
    19:00: Dinner ~600cal (or whatever's left from the day's allowance)
    Total: 1800cal + extras after exercise

If I feel hungry in between the allotted times I'll have either tea, coffee, water or sugar free mints (1cal) to take my mind off it. I only stick to the times to spread the food out over the day. I'd love to eat it all in one go but then I'd get hungry later and probably end up eating something else and going over my calorie target. That's how I got fat in the first place!

Weekends are more free from but sticking within the calorie target.