Quit smoking 10 months ago.....Struggling with motivation/weight gain

Options
Here we go again. So I quit smoking almost 10 months ago, which feels great BUT I put on some weight. I guessing about 15 lbs. If I don't do something about it now I will be 10lbs over weight the way I have been eating. I was religious with eating healthy and hitting the gym before I quit but since I quit I am struggling. I barely want to work out, no energy. I need to have a knee replacement eventually so that pain does help me making it to the gym aswell. I also know that my diet has not been any form of fuel for energy (hense the laziness) So I started eating ALOT better this last week and water water water. I haven't made it to Zumba or the gym but that is the next step. Let's do this! Please add me.....Look for some new friends. I have a lot of knowledge with eating healthy, lifting and cardio, now actually putting those things into play is another whole thing.

Replies

• Magicissomethingyoumake
    Options
    Hello , Inmuself quit smoking last august and Inhave put on 7 kg , my close he's do fit , so I have Been struggling also with a sort of emotional phase b cause I could not stiop crying last months ...
    Two days ago I dead a post online about putting the blame outside and empowering ourselves , making the decision. To change what bothers un because we can , but not putting the blame outside , it was the cigarrette , it was a lazy thyroid and so in ... we gained weighed because we ate less then day and healthier then what we did .... but we ourselves know what we have to do , what worked for us in the past ...
    For me going very low carb high protein and tons of water and. Hope in time the
    Magic happens and when I look in the mirror it is myself again and I can dress with anything on my closet because it all fitssss LOVE aro All
  • GrayRider61
    GrayRider61 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    That's awesome to quit. Add me if u like, I'm having trouble sending friend requests.
  • Puzzl3dunicorn
    Puzzl3dunicorn Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I quit a year ago and started dealing with my stress by eating and now here I am on mfp. Feel free to add me
  • PL_SM
    PL_SM Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    jessykab74 wrote: »
    Here we go again. So I quit smoking almost 10 months ago, which feels great BUT I put on some weight. I guessing about 15 lbs. If I don't do something about it now I will be 10lbs over weight the way I have been eating. I was religious with eating healthy and hitting the gym before I quit but since I quit I am struggling. I barely want to work out, no energy. I need to have a knee replacement eventually so that pain does help me making it to the gym aswell. I also know that my diet has not been any form of fuel for energy (hense the laziness) So I started eating ALOT better this last week and water water water. I haven't made it to Zumba or the gym but that is the next step. Let's do this! Please add me.....Look for some new friends. I have a lot of knowledge with eating healthy, lifting and cardio, now actually putting those things into play is another whole thing.

All I can say is it does go away. How long ago did you quit? Also how long did you smoke for? I gave up in 2014 after many years and I found that picking a specific goal with a specific date like a marathon helped on the motovation front.