Need suggestions to help lose weight

Options
Hey! So I'm looking for ways to lose at least 15/20 pounds by the time I graduate college in May. Any suggestions??

Replies

• TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Eat 1,000 calories less per day than you are right now. Or burn 1,000 calorie more per day. Or do a combination of the two.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Afura wrote: »
    Eat at an appropriate calorie deficit, be happy with what you lose because you'll weigh less than you do now.

This. If 15-20 is all you have to lose, doing so in two months may be too aggressive of a goal.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    Afura wrote: »
    Eat at an appropriate calorie deficit, be happy with what you lose because you'll weigh less than you do now.

This. Don't get discouraged if you don't lose the amount you want to lose but definitely be happy with the amount that you DO lose. And congrats on the upcoming graduation! That's great!
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    You have 3 options. Eat less or move more or a combination of the two.
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    15-20 lbs in about 8 weeks? That is, to say the least, ambitious. But that's that's no reason not to lose. Just do it safely realistically.
  • pcsutton8768
    pcsutton8768 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Google 'Keto'. I've lost 14 lbs in the past 10 days. Keto diets are counterintuitive as hell because you eat a ton of fats, but once you get your body into ketosis it starts burning fat stores instead of glycogens.

ruled.me/30-day-ketogenic-diet-plan/

Good luck!
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Google 'Keto'. I've lost 14 lbs in the past 10 days. Keto diets are counterintuitive as hell because you eat a ton of fats, but once you get your body into ketosis it starts burning fat stores instead of glycogens.

ruled.me/30-day-ketogenic-diet-plan/

Good luck!

14lbs in 10 days = water weight, mostly. Meh.
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    20 lbs by May is pretty aggressive. I'd suggest starting with 1lb/wk as your goal, then tweak it with experience.

Just use the web goal setting wizard and it will take you from weekly loss goal through setting your calorie target. It's all about your diet but adding exercise will help.

Your last couple months in school can be hectic, lots of emotions and stress. Don't overdo it.