Can't eat enough calories!

Options
2»

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    If you don't eat more protein and fat your body will start to use your lean muscle as fuel.
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Could you add another meal or eat breakfast earlier? Add in a couple of snacks from the foods mentioned by others above? Add oil to your salads ,drink full fat milk ?
    I don't eat pre-orepared meals either (I have a gut condition and they upset my gut) so I make my meals from scratch but still don't have a problem reaching my calorie goal of 2200.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    I only eat 2 meals and I eat some of the same things you eat. Typical day...

Bagel thin 110 cal
    Slice of cheddar cheese - 110
    2 eggs- 120

Lettuce tomatoes onions 35 cal
    Spicy chicken boca 140 cal (veggie "chicken")
    Shredded cheese 110 cal
    1/2 - 1/4 Avocado 130 cal
    Black beans 100 cal
    Flaxseeds 50 cal
    Boathouse classic ranch 60 cal
    Croutons 60 cal

Leaves me room for a snack of either Greek yogurt or cottage cheese. This all on approx 1200 give or take a few.

Add to your salad some calorie dense foods like nuts, or a protein. Full fat dressing.

Having said that when I first started I too was stuffed around 1050-1100 calories. But I think that was a new awareness of what I was eating instead of mindless eating and the determination to lose weight. After a few weeks my appetite leveled out and I was able to eat 1200 no problem:).