Weirdest thing you've ever eaten?

Options

Replies

• Superdave24
    Superdave24 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I went to a mexican restaurant and tried cow tongue

Oh yeah, that's Barbacoa. Awesome dish if prepared correctly. It also slices up like Brisket. Living in San Antonio, Texas we get a a lot of that.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Probably turtle had a pretty strange taste to me.
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    My parents used to fix calf brains when I was younger. Put them in scrambled eggs. Actually there were quite good from what I remember. Of course I was young and that was half a century ago.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options

Tongue? I'm sorry but I refuse to eat anything that can taste me back :sick:
  • blah2989
    blah2989 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Cow tongue ( delicious! ) Squab ( pigeon- like chicken) dried meal worms ( not bad just crunchy) The worst tasting thing Ive evet eaten is anemone ( DISGUSTING!) Ive also eaten raw octopus- yummy and eel which is good but if they dont skin it right its prickly lol. Cactus- its pretty good, bitter after taste if raw. Then of course pate( i cant spell it at all) but its raw liver. I used to call it potty when I was little. I assume potty would taste the same lol.
  • blah2989
    blah2989 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I grew up on a farm so we ate a lot of things that most people wouldn't, including:

Pig brains
    Pig pancreas (called "sweet breads")
    Beef tongue
    Beef heart

All tasted very good and I would eat them again in a heartbeat (pun intended).

Thats another thing ive tried sweet breads, but it was very fatty where I had it.
  • SirBonerFart
    SirBonerFart Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    sea turtle cooked in the shell
    It was good but a little too salty
  • iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Raw eel sushi.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Horse and chicken sashimi. The chicken is great and I've eaten it numerous times. The horse, not so much.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options

Tongue? I'm sorry but I refuse to eat anything that can taste me back :sick:

I loled
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Horseradish with beets

Cau-cau in cuzco peru. The lining of a cows stomach...
  • Nightterror218
    Nightterror218 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    whale blubber (muktuk)
  • wanderlustlover
    wanderlustlover Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    A live octopus only 10-15 seconds after we fished it out of the sea.

(while I was living for a year and half in Korea)
  • JumpingDog
    JumpingDog Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Weirdest thing, probably bear, caterpillar, or ant. The bear and ant were intentional but the caterpillar was an extra on my kale.
  • Khendyl
    Khendyl Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I LOVE cow tongue, it's probably my favorite protein. We had intestines at a Chinese restaurant, I hated it, but not sure if that was because of the intestines or because of the insane amount of cloves in the dish that annihilated my mouth. I also had chicken hearts at a Brazilian bbq place-they were tough.

generally, my husband and I are pretty adventurous eaters.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    On purpose? Pig brains. Which just kind of tasted like really greasy, pork flavored stuffing. Then the thought, "There is brain in my mouth" made it really hard to swallow.

Accidentally? Many years ago, I made a packet of Swiss Miss hot chocolate, and when I finished, I saw there were - those aren't marshmallows! - maggots or some other form of larva at the bottom of my mug. Took a long-*kitten* time before I could drink hot chocolate again.
  • Vince_1964
    Vince_1964 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    jellyfish - it was dried. We thought we were eating some type of noodle. Ate it at a Chinese restaurant in Okinawa Japan (a friend from Hong Kong owned the place)
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    chicken feet...I can NOT stand the fingernail thingy claw ack!
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I like cups of pickle juice with crushed up potato chips in it. I also like mustard and dorito sandwiches.

Doritos and mustard used to be my go to stoner food back in the day.:smokin: I still drink pickle juice just without the floaties. :drinker:
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    raw jellyfish in Japan - - imagine how you think jellyfish would taste, and you are right.