The over-the -age-50-belly bulge

Options
Is it possible to shrink the subcutaneous belly bulge when your over 50? What exercises or any legitimate supplements that would help?

Replies

• Jayco141
    Jayco141 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Its the only way? Hmm no. Doing a combination of cardio and weight training will help dramatically. The right calories in is also important. Lean meats, veggies, protein like eggs/beans. We've heard it all before but hey diet and exercise are the way..
  • Jayco141
    Options
    The way the body metabolizes them for one, and thats a big one. Staying away from processed sugar which is a gateway to fat. Weight training is key as it burns calories even after your workout, especially for over 50's who lose muscle mass much quicker. Blindly saying calories in/calories out is not the right way to get fit or healthy.
  • annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Jayco141 wrote: »
    The way the body metabolizes them for one, and thats a big one. Staying away from processed sugar which is a gateway to fat. Weight training is key as it burns calories even after your workout, especially for over 50's who lose muscle mass much quicker. Blindly saying calories in/calories out is not the right way to get fit or healthy.

Ummmm, no.

Kriss seems a little more knowledgeable
  • Jayco141
    Options
    Ummmm no, so your saying it doesn't matter what you eat? That its all just in/out?
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Following this, because it's going to be good. ;) That said, I've shrunk my subcutaneous belly bulge just fine with weight loss via CI<CO in general, now I'm just wishing I could afford a tummy tuck for the excess skin. Not really even serious about that, at 63 I'll just live with it and wish I'd never gotten fat in the first place.
  • pamfgil
    pamfgil Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Cico will result in weight loss, cico alone means you lose fat and muscle, where you lose fat from is genetically determined, in other words you don't get to choose. If you want to keep muscle you need enough protein plus strength training. If you want a flat belly you need to lower your fat percentage and research for types of exercises to do that tone core muscles