Introducing myself! Need advice on quickest way to loose weight!

Options
hollywollylou
hollywollylou Posts: 9 Member
edited March 2017 in Success Stories
I've recently weighed myself and not happy atall so I decided to download this app it has only been a week but really helps me keep track on everything! I'm aiming to loose 2-3 stone anyone have any tips for me please?
Thank you xx

Replies

• cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Eat in a caloric defecit. That's how you loose weight.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,144 Member
    Options
    Quick weight loss is not recommended and it is not healthy for you or your 'skin," and it will not be sustainable. Enter your stats and goals in MFP, choose 1lb or 0.5 lb loss per week, and start exercising. Eat less and move more and stay away from magic potions and from quick fixes promises.

I don't understand why people want to lose weight fast while it took them years to put it on.

• hoorayselma
    hoorayselma Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Drink water instead of soda and juices ... input everything in the diary .. leave an extra 100 for error calories .. GOOD Luck!!
  • hollywollylou
    hollywollylou Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Gisel2015 wrote: »
    Quick weight loss is not recommended and it is not healthy for you or your 'skin," and it will not be sustainable. Enter your stats and goals in MFP, choose 1lb or 0.5 lb loss per week, and start exercising. Eat less and move more and stay away from magic potions and from quick fixes promises.

I don't understand why people want to lose weight fast while it took them years to put it on.

It's not that I want to loose weight fast it's I want to see a difference! I want to see that what I'm doing is working so it motivates me more to carry on!
    I have been doing a lot of exercising as well as eating around 1,200 calories whereas before I use to drink full sugar drinks everyday loads of chocolate crisps fast food! So I've completely changed my eating habits but just need advice on having more protein less carbs or whatever x
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Remember, you didn't gain the weight all at once and you didn't see the weight difference quickly so you should look at it the same way as far as seeing results as far as losing the weight

Without knowing your weight I can't tell you if 1200 calories is appropriate. My only suggestion is follow the guidelines set up buy the app. Over time it will work
  • peterbuller8
    peterbuller8 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Remember to check your measurements some times the weight will stop coming off but your body will change shape and get smaller.
    I saw one of my mates for the first time in about a month and he said they i had lost a lot of weight but in fact i'm exactly the same as the last time we met up but i've lost 2 inches around my waist :) still a good feeling though.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,144 Member
    Options
    Gisel2015 wrote: »

It's not that I want to loose weight fast it's I want to see a difference! I want to see that what I'm doing is working so it motivates me more to carry on!
    I have been doing a lot of exercising as well as eating around 1,200 calories whereas before I use to drink full sugar drinks everyday loads of chocolate crisps fast food! So I've completely changed my eating habits but just need advice on having more protein less carbs or whatever x

Thank you for the clarification; however, that is not what the title of your post implied.

If you want results (quick or not), follow the guidelines set by MFP,; weigh all solids using a kitchen scale and measure all liquids. Drink your water and log everything on your diary and set your macros according to your eating preferences. But healthy fats (olive oil, avocado, etc.), and protein (fish, beef, poultry, eggs, diary) may keep you full longer so adjust the % accordingly.

Congratulations on the changes that you mentioned in your original post. Keep going and don't get discourage if you don't see results right away. Motivation comes from within and reaching your goals involves determination and consistency. Only you can do that.
  • JohnnyPenso
    JohnnyPenso Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I've recently weighed myself and not happy atall so I decided to download this app it has only been a week but really helps me keep track on everything! I'm aiming to loose 2-3 stone anyone have any tips for me please?
    Thank you xx
    At a pound a week you're looking at 30-40 weeks to get where you're going. That's easily Christmas with a couple of ups and downs included. If you want to succeed I'd suggest foregoing "quickest way to lose weight" train of thought and start thinking about the long haul. Follow the MFP guidelines, establish your calorie deficit and count your calories properly. Gram scale for the kitchen, weigh everything except liquids which you'll measure. Start exercising if you don't already, preferably with weights, to help maintain your muscle and build strength while you lose. Watch your macros and try to get a good balance of carbs/fat/protein.

You can do it, many of us have and by following the above advice. It works. Good luck.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!