calorie question

Options
I can't find the propped grams for strawberries raw...108 grams of strawberries is how many calories

Replies

• Barbs2222
    Barbs2222 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Strawberries, raw 100 grams 32 calories.
  • zfitgal
    zfitgal Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I typed in strawberries raw? because I dod, pressed 1.0g...and it told me 2p8 was 3,000 cal
  • zfitgal
    Options
    sry 108
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't really need to type in 'raw' on most fruits if using Google, I've found.

In fact, I just googled, "108 grams strawberry calories" [exact wording, even].. Came up 36, even did the math for me. Snazzy google is snazzy.
  • Barbs2222
    Barbs2222 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    32 / 100 = .32 * 108 = 34.56. So the 100 gram entry is close enough because strawberries are such a low calorie food. I Love strawberries!!! :)
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I would trust usda entries over google. JMO
    If you Google food nutrition and get a Nutrition Facts box on the right side of the screen, it (always?) says "Sources include: USDA" under the box.

The Amount per has a down arrow to let you choose between common units of weight, volume, and fruit size for strawberries.
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    That's great but I would still just rather use the site and use the entries that match it. Lol as I said. Just my opinion. I don't particularly trust google.
    Well, we'll agree to disagree. I trust Google more than any entry on MFP that I didn't type in myself. Not Google links to just anybody's website but actual Google to either get me to the manufacturer or put up that Nutrition Facts box that they did themselves.
  • zfitgal
    Options
    you guys are the best, thanks