Your go to easy meal (few ingredients, minimal prep time) and pantry essentials for easy meals!

Options
2»

Replies

• ksz1104
    ksz1104 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Quesadillas.... rotisserie chicken, flour (wheat or low carb if you refer) tortillas, shredded cheese (whatever kind you like), cilantro, and i like to season mine with a sprinkle of Adobo and maybe add some sauteed onions. Pile all that stuff onto a tortilla, top with another tortilla, put it in a pan, crisp up on both sides. serve with salsa and sour cream. Husband and two year old love it and it takes maybe 5 minutes to make 1. And you can control your portion by the size of the tortilla you buy. I make mine with fajita sized.
  • Snyderm0m
    Snyderm0m Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Looking for group that talks easy fast meals! Please add me.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Thai red curry, that I make at least once a week.
    Frozen shrimp + frozed veggies + canned coconut milk + thai red curry paste. All done in about 15 minutes. Make it 30 minutes if you want to serve with rice or noodles :)

xdbfiv9ur6zy.jpg

I make this often as well. Same exact way. Sometimes I use tofu instead of shrimp.

My go-to quick, easy, don't have to go to the store meals are either, clean-out the-fridge omelets, which usually include deli meat, cheese, onions, mushroom, spinach, etc. or burrito bowls with rice, beans, frozen corn, salsa and whatever protein and veggies I have on hand.
  • ad28517
    ad28517 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    2 # boneless, skinless chicken, 1 package taco seasoning (I use fajita), 1 jar salsa all in crockpot. Shred with forks. Eat with anything - in an omelet, with some veggies as a bowl, in chili, tacos, whatever. Freezes well.

My go-to meal is 1c frozen hashbrowns, 1/4 chicken or turkey kielbasa (or similar), and 1 or two eggs all in a bowl. I like that I can make it one portion at a time so I don't have a bunch of leftovers I have to eat all week.

The Blue Diamond coconut almonds are pretty awesome too for a quick snack :)
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Thai red curry, that I make at least once a week.
    Frozen shrimp + frozed veggies + canned coconut milk + thai red curry paste. All done in about 15 minutes. Make it 30 minutes if you want to serve with rice or noodles :)

Over and over I like your cooking skills :+1: You need to write a cookbook. "easy high protein recipes by crazyravr", then I will buy said book.
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Tyson Fit and Trim (precooked chicken) on
    * Mission Carb balance wrap with lowfat cheese and some veggies
    * Some sort of packaged salad (Fresh Express Caesar or Apple Salad are favorites)
    * High Fiber Pasta (a bit high on carbs and calories but still doable).

BAM! A decent meal in a few minutes with taste, nutrition, minimal prep, and angst.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    5 Ingredient Tuscan Baked Fish is pretty much the easiest and quickest thing in my repertoire.

Tuscan-baked-fish-filets-these-are-delicious-quick-and-easy-No-fishy-smell-or-taste-with-this-5-ingredient-dish-284x1024.jpg

https://sweetcsdesigns.com/one-pot-5-ingredient-tuscan-baked-fish/

Actually making it this evening as I won't be home until after 7...
  • rdevol
    rdevol Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Two scrambled eggs on lightly buttered whole wheat toast. Peanut butter on toast. Chicken breasts in crockpot with cream of chicken soup dumped over it. Cook on low 6-10 hours and serve over brown rice if desired.
  • PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    We like to do taco chicken in the crock pot. 3 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, one packet of taco seasoning and one large jar of salsa. Cook on low for 6hrs. Chicken shreds right up and you can use it for tacos, burritos, whatever. Easy peasy!
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I really like sheet pan suppers or meals. You can line a sheet pan with foil for easy clean up. Add meat and veggies, roast in the oven. It is supper easy if you buy pre chopped veg. I have done so many variations. Tons of ideas on Pinterest too.

Salmon, red peppers, bok choy
    Chicken fajitas https://youtube.com/watch?v=Qp8Tc4ncJgI
    Shrimp fajitas
    Chicken sausage, sweet potatoes and brussel sprouts
    Chicken, snow peas, mushrooms and peppers

This inside out egg roll is super easy too. soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2013/12/inside-out-egg-roll-re-post.html
  • stacief82
    stacief82 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Chicken Tortilla soup! I have used Rotisserie Chicken or cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts and shredded them, add diced tomatoes, green chilis if you like them, corn (frozen or canned-drained), black beans (drained and rinsed), taco seasoning, and chicken stock/broth. I don't have a set recipe, I just load the ingredients into MFP and divide by the number of servings I am dividing it into. Depending on the amounts you use of each and the number of servings, it comes out to 225-350 calories per serving. You can top with cheese, sour cream, diced avacado, and/or tortilla chips before eating. The left overs freeze really well too.
  • jesscaboose
    jesscaboose Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Having just graduated college I totally get it. Honestly on Sundays I would just cook some chicken breasts with salt and pepper and some brown rice. One day you add salsa and beans in a tortilla , one day you can add peanut butter and siracha, you can throw veggies and soy sauce another day. Really there are a ton of dishes with a base of chicken and rice that you can just spice the way you like.