Master Cleanse

Options
Hey does anyone have any experience with the master cleanse? The lemon Juice cayenne pepper maple syrup water drink

Replies

• sodaceratops
    sodaceratops Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I did the master cleanse for 60 days ages ago. It did nothing for me. I lost weight, felt no different and ended up hating everything lemon for a long time. It was bleak and hard to stomach.
  • jelleigh
    jelleigh Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I did it like 20 years ago. Gives you nasty gas. Lol
  • pamfgil
    pamfgil Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Have a look at the most useful posts at the top of this forum. There's one on why cleanses are a waste of time.
  • Muerte55
    Muerte55 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    There are no short cuts, just do the work. Granted it isn't easy when you first start your change in lifestyle(because that's what it is). But it gets a little easier as time goes by. A friend once told me 30 days of anything can become habit.
  • cwagar123
    cwagar123 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Never tried it. Never would. It sounds awful.
  • Sunna_W
    Sunna_W Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    The Master Cleanse is popular with alcoholics trying to quit drinking because the high sugar content helps with the down-slope of withdrawal (alcohol has a lot of sugar in it). 30 days on the Master Cleanse seems to help some people quit drinking. I have done the Master Cleanse for a weekend and it was okay; it's not something I would do again. I personally found that juicing fruits and vegetables and herbs a was much more effective detox for me.

What are your goals for a cleanse? Depending on your situation there are other options - colonics at wellness boutiques, followed by a juice fast and or "blended meals"; juice fast and or "blended meals" without the colonics; or just doing something like "meal replacement" shakes (like slim fast or make your own). Are you looking to lose weight? (Have you thought about sauna treatments?) Get rid of sludge in your intestines? (What about adding more fiber?) Heal the cilia in the intestines? (What about the low FODMAP diet?) Jump start your diet? (What about going paleo, low carb / low sugar?) Answer those questions and people may be able to provide you better guidance.
  • mrspett323
    mrspett323 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Torture....no magic potion. Put the work in and get long lasting results: Calorie deficit, exercise, drink water and make sure your body is getting adequate rest! All these quick fixes that celebrities promote and so on are garbage and unhealthy. Anything too good to be true is.. Put the work in for long lasting results. It's a lifestyle change not for the moment quick fix!