Weight loss exercise and stalling

Options
I usually eat around 2,000 calories a day. I walk on a treadmill and walk my pet in the neighborhood and do a lot of cardiovascular exercise. Although I am at a pretty low weight I'm still stalling. I see weight loss and exercise as an interest and I keep stalling every couple of weeks. I hear these stories of people who drop like 8 pounds in a week or two and its rather annoying. Any thoughts? Advice here?

Replies

• rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,191 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Double post deleted
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,191 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    If you don't have a lot to lose it will take time. Under 15 pound to lose means half a pound a week is good. People who lose 8 pounds in a week either have a lot to lose (say they are 400 pounds) or they have dropped a lot of water weight for some reason (even in this case they usually have a fair amount to lose). Since you didn't give a lot of information about how much you have to lose, or any of your stats, it is pretty much impossible to give more specific direction. Also realize weight loss is not linear. You need to look at the overall trend. Some weeks you will lose, some you will stay the same, and some you will gain weight even though you could be losing fat through all of that.

I think from what you have posted patience is probably what you need more than anything.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    What are your stats? As he said above, if you don't have much to lose it's going to be a slow go.