Looking for motivational pals! 21# down and 59# to go

Options
Looking for more fitness and weight loss pals on my journey. Support and motivation have helped me lose 21 pounds over the last 65 days and I want to continue to strive and reach my goals alongside like minded individuals.
Start date: 1/9/17
Start weight: 235
Today's weight: 214
Initial goal: 195
Ultimate goal:155
At that time I might make some new goals but for now that is where I am looking to be.

Replies

• tabandden
    tabandden Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi HGarcia.
    Sounds like you're doing awesome. I had lost 37 pounds and it all back within the last 6 months. I think the main reason was I was looking at it as a diet and not a way of life. Although gaining all that back was frustrating it taught me a lesson and this time I'm not stopping. Monday when I weighed in i was back to my original weight of 218lbs my goal weight is 130 lbs considering I'm only 5'1. What are you doing to lose the weight? I started counting calories then I went to Weight Watchers and then when Weight Watchers switched to their new plan I switched back to counting calories.
  • HGarcia1527
    HGarcia1527 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I log my calories on here. Since it is a lifestyle change and not a diet for me I just make way better choices which is a lot easier than I ever thought. I stay under my calorie goal within a decent range every day usually around 1400-1500. I also workout 5-7 days a week and try to burn 300 calories minimum. Sometimes around 500.

I incorporate a lot of salmon, eggs, veggies. I even drink a protein shake to up my calorie intake because I am usually under. What a difference healthy eating makes. When I would pick up a fast food meal I could eat 1000 calories in one sitting between a burger and fries and now hitting a 1000 calories is a lot of work. LoL

Good job jumping back on board. It's always difficult. I lost a lot of weight back in 2010 and kept it off for a few years but then got pregnant and had another baby in 2013 and then got pregnant again nine months later and had another baby. Then let myself go just being so busy with three kids and finally got fed up enough to change it and get my old self back.

My initial goal is 195 and then my main goal to start is 155. Only 59 more pounds to go. Once I hit that I want to see where my body is and then I might make a new set of goals depending but to start I think it is reasonable and healthy enough.

I am happy for you and proud of you to decide to get back on board. It's a struggle so I am right there with you. No one says you can't enjoy or splurge here and there but just keeping it as infrequent as possible is key.

Hopefully we can help motivate each other. Always looking for more inspiration.
  • Melionfire
    Melionfire Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I started at 235. Was actually 250 at the end of my pregnancy and was 235 a couple months after having my second little girl. I started logging on mfp in september at 231. I have lost almost 38 pounds so far. Portion control and regular exercise has really helped so far. I made small changes I could stick to. Have bad days but jump back in the following day. My goal is 160 but Will reevaluate when I get there. You can add me and I will do my best to motivate and help you.
  • HGarcia1527
    HGarcia1527 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Great job on the weight loss. I cannot wait to be out of the 200# range