Need help with fitness routine

Options
Ketzalitzli2
Ketzalitzli2 Posts: 38 Member
edited March 2017 in Fitness and Exercise
Hello all! So, I've been going to the YMCA now for 4 weeks and I've kind of used the opportunity to familiarize myself with the facility. I've been doing elliptical, treadmill and also strength training and I'm at the point where I'd like to learn more about getting the most out of my workout. My goal is to loose 40lbs and get lean. So here's where I'm at, I need help developing a good workout routine for the week. I go 6 days per week and average about 30 minutes total for workout because we have kids so the last 30 minutes of my day there is usually taking them to climb the rock wall or swim so I don't get to have a full hour in the gym for myself because I still have to get home and make dinner and stuff. I really enjoy lifting but I'm not sure if I'm getting the most out of my workouts and I feel like I'm too random not knowing what to focus on. How can I get the most out of my workout starting from day 1-6? My problem areas are like with most women, abs, thighs, hips and also I want to increase my upper body strength. I know how to do the machines and what my limits are for now but my main goal is to focus on getting the most out of my 30 minutes per day. Any suggestions you might have are immensely appreciated!

Replies

• deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    you can find different workouts online - I like the muscle and strength magazine - I use their 3 day a week dumbbell workouts because they are easily customizable depending on your capability