Jogging (Sort Of)

Options
Hi everyone!

Today I went out for a bit of jogging. Being that I'm no expert, I found myself breaking the session into spurts of jogging, combined with periods of fast walking. I'm not sure if I should log this in my diary as jogging or just walking really fast, or break it into 15 minute sessions of each (I was out for 30 minutes).

Thanks for your help.

Replies

• Shannonpurple
    Shannonpurple Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    well figure out the average min/miles you did and you can look it up and log it that way:smile:
  • rciszek
    rciszek Posts: 134
    Options
    I just log it as running at 5 mph, When it is divided up on Map My Run it has me down at 4.6 usually to complete it, so I see it as close enough.....
  • lady6starlight
    lady6starlight Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    well figure out the average min/miles you did and you can look it up and log it that way:smile:

I didn't think of that! Looks like I went close to a mile in about 15 minutes.
  • lmckillo
    lmckillo Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Yes that a good way to start. I tell people to jog one telephone pole to the next walk one pole to the next. As you get stronger jog two poles walk a pole, then three, then 4 until you are able to jog without stopping. You will be surprised at how quick you will stop walking and just jog
  • lady6starlight
    lady6starlight Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I just log it as running at 5 mph, When it is divided up on Map My Run it has me down at 4.6 usually to complete it, so I see it as close enough.....

Hmm, that would be helpful! Is Map My Run a free smartphone app?
  • oldandhealthier
    oldandhealthier Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Yes that a good way to start. I tell people to jog one telephone pole to the next walk one pole to the next. As you get stronger jog two poles walk a pole, then three, then 4 until you are able to jog without stopping. You will be surprised at how quick you will stop walking and just jog
    That is really good advice
  • Shannonpurple
    Shannonpurple Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    if you use the un keeper app it links with my fitnesspal and puts in your time automaticlly and its free app