2nd week slow progress

Hi everyone..I'm eating 1300 calories a day and definitely eating more protein with Minimal carbs..I pretty much follow Fitness Pals nutrition plan to the T. The first week I lost 10 pounds. The second week I lost 1 pound.

Replies

• DisneyDude85
    DisneyDude85 Posts: 428 Member
    You lost 11 pounds in 2 weeks! That's a great start. Most people drop a lot of weight at the beginning, then it slows to a more manageable rate. Some weeks you'll lose, some weeks you'll gain, some weeks you'll maintain. Just keep at it and trust the process. Also, take measurements and progress photos so you can have non-scale victories. Otherwise, you could depend too much on the number on the scale, and not how your body is transforming :) best of luck :)
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    lilcutiern wrote: »
    Hi everyone..I'm eating 1300 calories a day and definitely eating more protein with Minimal carbs..I pretty much follow Fitness Pals nutrition plan to the T. The first week I lost 10 pounds. The second week I lost 1 pound.

what is the problem then?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Oh honey. Are you really complaining about 11 lbs lost in 2 weeks??? Time to get some realistic expectations.

This
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    lilcutiern wrote: »

You are NOT going to lose more than 1-2 pounds per week. The first week was a fluke, largely water weight and the mass of a larger quantity of food in your system. You need to think long term. Where do you see yourself in 6 months? A year? This process is not so much about today or this week, but about taking control of the rest of your life.

Eat at a deficit. Take other steps to improve health & fitness. And look forward to the progress you'll make (both on the scale and off) in the coming months.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,383 Member
    Keep in mind that the initial weight you lost is mostly water weight. As others said, weight loss is not linear. As long as the curve of your weight loss chart is sloping downwards at the end of the month, you're in good shape. Losing even 1 pound a week is a great achievement. Many things are at work in your body and even if the scale says you gained 2 lbs this week, it's probably a combination of temporary factors. Just stick with it and plot your progress.
  • jackieTR46
    jackieTR46 Posts: 11 Member
    I'm eating 1,400 calories, though mostly I've been under. I've lost 4lbs in 3 weeks and am well pleased. You just have to keep at it, weight lost slowly stays off longer in my experience and I've done enough crash diets to know they don't work long term...
  • HGarcia1527
    HGarcia1527 Posts: 69 Member
    edited March 2017
    Sounds like you are doing great. Some weeks I lose 1 pound and some weeks i lose three pounds... other weeks I lose none. Very common so as long as you keep working you will keep losing.
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    edited March 2017
    If you don't understand weightloss it can feel demoralising after a huge loss to have a normal loss
    Week 1 is usually the best week if you returned to eating as you used to I expect you'd gain back alot of that 10!lbs big week 1 losses are mainly water due to carbs being reduced and probably additives especially sodium

Then averagely you'll have 1-2 lbs maybe more some weeks maybe 0 at times as body adjusts
    Try aiming for 5-7lbs a month

This all depends on your goal and start weight though