Feeling fat

How do you girls stay positive on your on before your period?????? I'm due on in a couple of days and feel so bloated! My stomach looks like it did before i started dieting! Today I have had egg on toast a hand full of nuts and a smoothie! I'm still due to eat my dinner. I will still be below my calorie intake but because i feel so far i don't want to eat!! But obviously i will eat because my body will need it! I know full well when i have had dinner i will feel guilty! But I'll still be in my deficit! Need advice

Replies

• toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,383 Member
    Just remind yourself that everyone has days like this. No one is judging you. Just treat yourself with kindness, snuggle up with a good blankie and hot cup of tea. And it's okay to eat a little more before your period, sometimes you just need it. Just don't go overboard and you'll be fine.
  • Jayj180894
    Jayj180894 Posts: 286 Member
    Thank you! It's just so frustrating! I put my jeans on this morning, no tyre and now i have a big mark where they have been lol!! Ah well lol
  • bunny_347
    bunny_347 Posts: 10 Member
    Oh goodness i know exactly how you feel. I gain like 7-8lbs of super painful water retention before my period + gas and am generally not a pleasant person to be around. I am super susceptible to binges but found putting on loose but neat clothes, doing my make up, hair and nails and wearing nice body lotion and pretending its not happening during the day before crashing out early in my comfy pj's in the evening and sleeping early really helps. I also find if i eat lots of fruits and veggies with just a little indulgence like a couple of squares of dark chocolate at least i feel i am being good to my hormone bruised body. I'm still massively learning but had my first period where i didnt overeat and gain in a long time last month yay!!
  • HGarcia1527
    HGarcia1527 Posts: 69 Member
    edited March 2017
    I have my period right now and feel huge! Try not to stress. It's only a temporary feeling.