Is the Wii Fit Scale accurate?

Options
It's the only scale I've got, and currently, I don't have 20$ to invest in a new scale. Does anyone know, I'm just curious.

Replies

• 61keys
    61keys Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Mine is right on.
  • elis_mama
    elis_mama Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Mine is pretty darn accurate, too.
  • xxicandoit7797xx
    Options
    Ok, great! Thanks so much!
  • sleepyotter
    sleepyotter Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I've been using mine as a scale, and I don't think I've derailed in any weird ways, yet.
  • shirleygirl910
    shirleygirl910 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I think as long as you use the same scale at the same time each week in the same sort of clothes, it will show you progress. Is it 100% accurate.... It's pretty darn close.

I've been using it for the past 3 yrs and I like how I can go back and see the progress.
  • airforcewife1007
    airforcewife1007 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Mine isn't. If it were only off by a few pounds, I'd say yeah, but mine is off by almost 15 pounds.
  • biodorkus
    biodorkus Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I think it might depend on the surface under the board (carpet vs hardwood or tile)... mine seems to read 5-10 lbs lower than the scale at the doctor's office. If it's on really plush carpet or you don't have the extra foot risers it'll probably be less accurate than on a harder surface.
  • ngressman
    ngressman Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you need to balance your wii fit board. I don't remember how you do it exactly. I think you go to the wii fit user settings and then go to check wii balance board. It will fix the accuracy of the board. When the wii fit board is functioning properly it is supposed to be more accurate than the average bathroom scale.
  • laurynwithawhy
    laurynwithawhy Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I think it might depend on the surface under the board (carpet vs hardwood or tile)... mine seems to read 5-10 lbs lower than the scale at the doctor's office. If it's on really plush carpet or you don't have the extra foot risers it'll probably be less accurate than on a harder surface.

This. I find that the scale is 100% accurate on the hard flat floor, 90% accurate on the crappy carpet floor, and off by as much as 10 pounds on the really plush carpeted sloped floor. Make sure you are using a flat hard surface and weighing in the same exact spot on the floor and you will be fine.
  • brookej2216
    brookej2216 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I bought a scale because I wasn't sure how accurate the wii fit board was. i have plush carpet and I do have the extra foot things. It was exactly the same when I compared my new scale to the wii fit board.
  • krouse83
    krouse83 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I may not be 100% but if you consistently use it about the same time each day in the same place, it will give you a general idea about your progress. Its the only scale I have and its pretty close to my doctors. Just be consistent!