Vegetarian

Options
I will start off saying I'm a little odd. Prior I never ate meat of any kind and was very slim with no health issues. I now started eating meat I'd say but only fast food which is horrible. Does anyone think that if I go back vegetarian it will cut a lot of options out ( think fast food burgers and nuggets) and will be healthier? Or has anyone became vegetarian recently? Current veggies out there?! Plus it will get me eating more veggies

Replies

• kelseymallen
    kelseymallen Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    It won't necessarily be healthier. Cookies, cake, chips, etc. are vegetarian but still not the healthiest options. Instead of cutting meat out, why not stop eating the fast food? Prepare whole foods instead like baked chicken breast, lean beef, salmon, etc.

If you're worried about not having enough time to cook every day, just make an extra portion when you make dinner so you can save the leftovers for the next day. Or you could try meal prepping; some people cook their whole week's worth of meals in one go to save time.

• sarah4284
    sarah4284 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I went vegetarian in August when I decided to start losing weight. For me pretty much the only meat I ate was fast food (or fish, but don't have that around here often), so it was easier to say cut out all meat than just the fast food. Made it so I very rarely go get fast food, because the only options really are fries. Helped in that aspect for me. But you still have all the other issues like soda, candy, fried food.. I cut out soda in October, still eat candy and sweets just make sure it fits in my calorie goal, hardly ever eat fried foods now, even chips or fries which I used to eat ALL the time. I'm down 60lbs since August with another 110 to go, if you think becoming vegetarian will help you cut out fast food, I say go for it, but if you're willing to substitute fast food with healthier meat options, it wont really make a difference, its all in the calorie deficit.
  • jesiniccole
    jesiniccole Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yes I don't eat any other " meat" but fast food so cutting that out would help majorly! Thanks everyone