Are You Being Watched...By Strangers?

Options
124»

Replies

• themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing and what a great lesson, we dont always know what people are thinking, keep up the good work, you are a winner
  • SakuraRose13
    SakuraRose13 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    This brought tears to me eyes , I'm kind of emotional lately not sure why, but that was awesome Im very happy that happened for you, you never know what people are thinking. hoping the rest of your week is just as good :)
  • Jess102979
    Jess102979 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Amazing story!! Thanks sooo much fir sharing!!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    This was wonderful! It made me tear up a little, too. :flowerforyou:
  • neskapolita1978
    neskapolita1978 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    If I notice that I am being watched I assume it is admiration unless proven otherwise.
  • Gearjammer71
    Gearjammer71 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Great post. I struggled with the demon myself recently. Once i hit the 400 pound mark, I could run a little but was too embarrassed to do so when anyone was around. I knew that was ridiculous, and that this should be about me and not what some stranger thinks, but I still let it stop me. For three weeks I would run for short 30-60 second bursts then walk whenever someone might see me. I still lost another 20lbs doing this, but I think how much further I could have been along. Last Tuesday a guy jogged up beside me, called me on my bullsh*t, and challenged me to run with him for a while. Now I am either over it, or just too embarrassed that the guy who got me going might see me walking instead of running. :laugh:
  • Cyclingbonnie
    Cyclingbonnie Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Oh wow! That made me tear up. Hooray for your new admirers, and God bless you for your determination. You are a winner in more ways then one.

Me too!
  • mrsbmerryman
    Options
    First off - Good for you! Congrats on the weight that you have lost.

I often feel people looking at me. When I'm eating or not. I feel sometimes like people look at me and think "Why is she eating? She's fat. She needs to stop for a while." But everyone needs to eat. We need to eat to survive. I hate eating in public. I hate eating in front of people. When I do, I tend to cover my mouth with my hand so noone can actually see me eating. I eat alot at my job. I am here for the better part of the day so of course I'd eat at my job. When I do I feel like people are watching me. Judging me. I hate it.

I had a coworker recently tell me if I stopped drinking Coke and switched to Diet Coke that I'd lose weight. OUT OF NOWHERE! I wasn't even talking to them, they just said it. It made me feel so low and degraded.

I am so scared everyone is looking at me all the time I don't even want to go out anywhere anymore.
  • hananah89
    hananah89 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    For myself, if I see someone of a slightly larger size, out there doing something (like walking or whatever) I think "Awesome! Go you!". Doesn't matter what size they are - they are trying and that's what counts :-)

^This. I have recently encountered a rather overweight man in the gym when I'm there walking for at least an hour at a time. I'm currently only using my apt gym, which is TINY, and know the faces of the others I see regularly so its great seeing someone new doing something to better themselves.
  • rgs9559
    rgs9559 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    We can be our own worst enemy!:smile:
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Bump bump, this deserves to be read by more people.

I agree that it is very easy to maintain a mindset where others are silently judging you, but I have a couple of more things to add to the discussion.

My facial expression when in "neutral mode" on the inside can be sour at times, from what I hear. Ever heard of resting *****-face? Yeah, that's me. I'm calm as a cucumber, just minding my own business, and a friend can ask me what's up, why I look so "angry". Huh? I'm not angry, but if you keep asking why I'm mad, I'll get there... So if my face is that of a *****, then chances are the other person may or may not have it, as well :D

Another thing is the judgment or lack thereof in the other person; this is the hard one for me still. Even if someone is judging, who cares? (I still do a bit.) My point is that a person, who is judging another who is literally working their behind off, has to be a bit insecure, cuckoo or other imbalanced things to be capable of said judgment, be it silent or out loud. So do we want to be friends with such people? Not unless hearing "Hey you fat blob! You suck!" classifies as poetry to the ears.
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Seriously, a site for adults censors words? Lame. B1tch is what I was writing.
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is such a wonderful story. I'll never look at people looking at me the same way again. Thanks for this. And by the way, you totally rock! Congratulations on your progress. :love:
  • bdeezy3396
    bdeezy3396 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    :smile:
  • dfast12
    dfast12 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am so happy I stopped by and read your story...It is so inspirational.... thank again for sharing..
  • Ryan__V
    Ryan__V Posts: 36
    Options
    NSV for sure!
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    wow this made me cry. it's so awesome! when I started my walks at the park I thought it would be like that but not only is it not like that, but there's a homeless man at the park every day when I walk after work and he always gives me a thumbs up. makes me feel good.
  • SteveStedge1
    SteveStedge1 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Reading this post just reinforces to me that WE are our biggest critics. I'm 38, and Ive been ripped, and Ive been near obese, and I cant remember ever thinking such negative thoughts about another person.