People with desk type jobs

Options
2»

Replies

• cpopal6
    cpopal6 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Same here desk job and bad knee so limited on stuff. But my work has a small gym and I ride the bike and do what I can in exercise. Started tracking my food and exercise and such. Just started at end of January and down 11 lbs. I'm really trying not to get too mad at myself for not loosing more but it's about 1 lb a week so I'm happy and still moving.
    I feel as less we all keep moving we will get this done

Paula O IA
  • hcdo
    hcdo Posts: 201 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Desk job here, too. I used to teach and was running around all day, now I'm sitting for hours on end. My body has not adjusted well. Actually, that's not true. It's adjusted too well. It's hard to get my body even motivated to move after sitting for so long. I try and walk during my breaks, and get up often, but I still struggle with being active at all during the day. I like your ideas, @rashadlc1980 for exercising at my desk. My coworkers already think I'm crazy anyway :wink: I do go to the gym/lift before work, so that helps, but I'd still like to do more cardio to keep my butt from spreading farther out in my chair....
  • FairhavenDS
    FairhavenDS Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Desk job here as well. I just started running at lunch with my boss, and hopefully with the warmer weather I'll be doing more field work, but most of my day is spent sitting at a desk. Add me if you like!
  • andrewq6100
    andrewq6100 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    hey yall work from home here, really takes a toll on me mentally and my hand of course typing and mousing all day..SUCKS! I sit for about 7 hrs a day and then try to stay active the rest of my day by either playing with my son, home cardio IE running up and down stairs, and of course 1/2 hr gym sesh if I have time.

Biggest downfall for me used to be staying sedentary after work like watching TV, playing video games ETC, but I rarely do that unless i'm like already falling asleep lol. I try to stand as much as I can with my headset and do a little pacing not much but I guess its better than butt on chair lol. I try to drink as much water as I can while working, and if I want to snack to make it like yogurt, nuts, etc..sometimes I bust the lucky charms out but eh!

we got this! I know plenty of desk jokey bodybuilders and plenty of people who work labor jobs and are lazy so it's just up to us to break the barriers and get it done!
  • HectorCavazos
    HectorCavazos Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a Desk Job as well. Since last week, I've been waking up at 5:00 a.m., going to the closest park and trying to hit 6,000 to 7,000 steps per day. I do some steps at work and walk around the site to get even more steps, if possible. I take dancing lessons 2 or 3 times per week and it also helps to get to the 10,000 daily steps.

Keep working! Feel free to add me...
  • markymarrkk
    markymarrkk Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I'm head of sales for a medical device company so 75% of my time is on a desk. I'm a weight lifter who also cycles, swims and runs. I'm currently dieting with about 25 lbs more to lose before my goal weight. I'll accept any adds.