Gain 25 pounds muscle

Options
124»

Replies

• Tylerman35
    Tylerman35 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Pick a plan that interests you and designed by the pros and follow it.

Awesome! I think I'm going to follow the 5*5 program. I got this!!! *Feeling determined*
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Tylerman35 wrote: »
    I can't tell all of you how much I thank you and appreciate it. Keep the comments flowing! Now today I can't do to much cause the school is closed and I only have a curl bar.

So for a structure. Would this look good?

Monday - Upper body (chest, biceps, shoulders, back, tris)
    Tuesday - off
    Wednesday - Core/lower body (legs basically)
    Thursday - rest
    Friday - Some upper and lower?

Or instead of that should I do Monday through Friday alternating upper and lower body

And maybe core could include back instead of upper body

Again - pick one of the routines listed in Psulemon's thread. They have the workout days predesignated, they tell you which days/how often to lift and what exercises/body parts to do on each of those days.

Some of those routines have their own support forums, and it's inevitable that guys come in there and say they want to do the program, but can I sub out this exercise for that exercise and do it six days a week instead of three days a week and do shoulders on leg day and calves on chest day, etc., etc. The answer is often "JDTFP", which is an acronym for "Just Do The _____ Program" (You can figure out the blank, lol).

Choose a routine and do it exactly as it's written for a few cycles. Don't change anything about it, just do the program. It was written that way for a reason, by somebody who understands how to properly design a workout routine. Trust the process and give it a shot, it's almost guaranteed that any of those routines will yield better results than something you design yourself.