HELP

Options
Hello,
My name is Corinne and I need HELP. I had my metabolism tested at a licensed nutritionist and my BMR or resting metabolic rate is 1,685 calories. I've been eating about 1,400-1.600 calories a day and burn about 600/day on average with exercise. Yet, I rather gain weight than lose weight and it drives me nuts. Could it be that my metabolism is in starvation mode trying to conserve? My TDEE based on the metabolic test is 2,304 calories per day. What should I do? My nutritionist thinks that I have to eat more to be able to lose. Has anybody experienced this?
Thanks for your help.
Corinne

Replies

• amhavlic
    amhavlic Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I definitely think yiu may not be eating enough. I went though the same thing where I went lower cal, dropped quick, but then break to put on body fat. If you're TDEE is 2,304 I would suggest going no lower than 1,800 cal. That puts you at a 500 daily calorie defecit to begin to drop 1lb/week. Don't be discouraged if at first you gain a bit. Your body will adjust. Also make sure you're hitting protein! Go for about .8g/lb. (: hope that helps!
  • CorinnePina
    CorinnePina Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thank you! That makes actual sense!