Couch to 5K

Options
2»

Replies

• sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    My guess is that you went too fast for your first time out.

^^^THIS!!! TIMES 100!!!!

I started C25K last year at 260lbs. I got all the way thru week 9 and had to stop for surgery and I am now finally getting back to restarting- from the beginning

If you cannot catch your breath and have to stop so you can breath, You are going too fast

If you get stitches in your side - you are probably going too fast

If you feel like throwing up - you are probably going too fast

Slow down. Slow down! Slow down!!

I am 5'5" tall and have a short stride to begin with. There are all kinds of people out there that WALK faster than I run when I am starting C25K. But you know what, thats alright by me because I am moving faster than I was when I was still on the couch.

First and foremost, slow down, because this program is VERY VERY doable!

1009756_10201477350639391_416323283_n.jpg
  • lexoxoc
    lexoxoc Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Pace yourself! Go slower on Day 2! Speed will come later, first you've got to build the foundation! What was your average walk/jog times?
  • GrnEyz80
    GrnEyz80 Posts: 121
    Options
    Ok. It really didn't feel like I was going too fast. But, yea, I had a hard time catching my breath, had HORRIBLE shin splints (unless I just ran on my toes), and I did get dizzy and nauseous. So I will google running techniques and SLOW DOWN! :blushing:
  • GrnEyz80
    GrnEyz80 Posts: 121
    Options
    It has gotten easier already!! :D yay!
  • sbrociousstewart
    sbrociousstewart Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    After my first week of C25K, I had some serious knee pain and have had to stop for the time being. I am headed to the doctors on Monday to see what is going on. Since I was doing more than 3 workouts the first week, could i have just overdone it? It's good to hear positive results though and when I'm cleared to run again, I'll start much slower next time!