What symptoms did constant stress cause you?

Options
ShinySkyShaymin1994
ShinySkyShaymin1994 Posts: 105 Member
edited March 2017 in Chit-Chat
Hello I was curious and I think it'll be helpful for me and others I am working on my stress management and began having lots of symptoms and I need to get it under control I had stomach aches frequent headaches minor mood swings joint pains rapid heart beat etc What symptoms did you have?

Replies

• Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    For me when I have a lot of stress I often get:
    - the feeling of a rapid heart rate, very aware of my heart beating
    - anxiety issues
    - the feeling that I am missing something or something is really wrong but I don't know what
    - sleeplessness
    - weight loss and/or inappetence
    - volatile emotions
    - late for work or taking days off
  • kassierodriguez1
    kassierodriguez1 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Anxiety attacks
    Rapid heart rate
    Palpitations
    Burning sensation in back of head and back
    An odd feeling in my head
    Loss of appetite
    Weight loss

That was at my worst. Now I'm managing it and have just gotten palpitations and rapid heart rate. When I get those, it's my first sign to take a step back
  • Dyl1789
    Dyl1789 Posts: 2,933 Member
    Options
    Anxiety, constant feeling of being a failure, trouble concentrating, making bad decisions both with work and personal life, always negative, short tempered, always gloomy, never good enough for anyone, basically I was a ba$tard to be around
  • StacywithaY
    StacywithaY Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    My hair started falling out... that was the worst. Dark days! Glad they're gone.
  • dc8066
    dc8066 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Anxiety, insomnia
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    dc8066 wrote: »
    Anxiety, insomnia

Pretty much this.
  • ShinySkyShaymin1994
    Options
    Did anyone else have joint pain? I have been listening to Les Brown a Motivational Speaker you have no idea how much energy I had at work yesterday haha
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    Headaches. I was stressed awhile ago and had a constant headache for like three weeks.
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I can't say that I necessarily have stress, but I have anxiety. I feel like these are 2 separate things. Stress is more of a cause and effect thing. Anxiety is just always with me. I have IBS and stress probably wasn't the cause, but it sure makes things worse. I also constantly have the shakes. It's really embarrassing and the embarrassment makes me shake even more.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Anxiety and depression. Went from carefree and strong to broken. BUT...I choose to be entter than that.
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    Anxiety and depression. Went from carefree and strong to broken. BUT...I choose to be entter than that.

I'd love to learn that trick
  • CassondraKennedy
    CassondraKennedy Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    My jaw always hurts when I'm stressed. Sometimes that's how I realize that I'm stressed! Other side effects include acne breakouts, headaches, stomach aches, irrational anger toward an innocent bystander (usually my husband or mom), and lately dizziness during or before stressful events. Fun stuff...
  • JasonlRoeder
    JasonlRoeder Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with central serous retinopathy several years ago. It's like macular degeneration, but instead is caused by stress. It comes and goes and some days are better than others.
  • samuelgina91
    samuelgina91 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Um well my gums bleed, my stomach hurts and I can't even smell coffee, or eat spicy foods. If I had a true love it would be coffee. I lose so much hair, that look like tiny black mice on the carpet so I am constantly afraid they will move. Then I "woman up" and look closely to make sure they aren't any small furry animal, then destroy the evidence. I have trouble sleeping, I gain weight easily, nightmares of my teeth rotting out of my face, you know the usual. But I found that talking to my doctor helped with the sleep and nightmares when they got really bad, also a short course of sleeping pills/and alt with melatonin helped. For bleeding gums made sure I didn't have a bleeding disorder (again with my doctor), and started taking more Vitamin C, the hair thing I probably notice it more cause it is longer now but shedding happens and there aren't any bald spots, so I think I am in the clear. I listen to a lot of music when stressed, break things up into tasks with goals and rewards, keep breathing, and sometimes use it to channel into exercise or cursing loudly when I am alone into a pillow. I am kind of violent at times so I take it out on pillows. Whatever makes you feel better. :) I am not being sarcastic in any way I do all these things.
  • mrsbower22
    mrsbower22 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Mine caused me to have raynauds phenomenon....stress brings it out....so now I am constantly cold....
  • Summerberry1012
    Summerberry1012 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Where do I start? I had high stress levels for years and I progressively got worse until I finally made some major life changes. I also have anxiety so stress would trigger that sometimes to the point of getting a panic attack. Lost hair, gained tons of weight, made very poor food choices trying to find quick pick-me-ups, moody, stomach pains, tension headaches by 3pm almost daily (sometimes they were so bad I would cry and hubby would ask if he should take me to the hospital..), feeling physically ill and sometimes vomiting (i've had to pull over on the side of the road on my drive home from work to puke on more than one occasion), ground my teeth at night so the dentist recommended a mouth guard for sleeping, high blood pressure, I would get sweaty when stressed out, always feeling lethargic no matter how much sleep, the list goes on! Stress is a sneaky little monster and it's crazy how much it can affect in the body when you have constant stress in your life. I was a miserable *kitten* basically.. to be honest lol! I look at myself now and just can't believe I let myself live like that for so long. I just didn't even realize how far gone I was until I finally had a chance to recoup... which took me 1.5 years.
  • ShinySkyShaymin1994
    Options
    Where do I start? I had high stress levels for years and I progressively got worse until I finally made some major life changes. I also have anxiety so stress would trigger that sometimes to the point of getting a panic attack. Lost hair, gained tons of weight, made very poor food choices trying to find quick pick-me-ups, moody, stomach pains, tension headaches by 3pm almost daily (sometimes they were so bad I would cry and hubby would ask if he should take me to the hospital..), feeling physically ill and sometimes vomiting (i've had to pull over on the side of the road on my drive home from work to puke on more than one occasion), ground my teeth at night so the dentist recommended a mouth guard for sleeping, high blood pressure, I would get sweaty when stressed out, always feeling lethargic no matter how much sleep, the list goes on! Stress is a sneaky little monster and it's crazy how much it can affect in the body when you have constant stress in your life. I was a miserable *kitten* basically.. to be honest lol! I look at myself now and just can't believe I let myself live like that for so long. I just didn't even realize how far gone I was until I finally had a chance to recoup... which took me 1.5 years.

Yes once in a while I'd feel lethargic. More things I had was a weakened immune system frequent bathroom visits dry mouth when really stressed I would wake up a few times at night for no reason. After I work get something new them o stress about that then another comes along I think I was just self sabatoging myself because of my past with my dad which I'm convincing myself nothing is gonna happen it isn't one thing after another I'm looking for something to go wrong I think.
  • jacobsl221
    jacobsl221 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Eating chocolate to extremes, and the weight gain, along with constant heartburn.