Can you help me with some whey protein recipes?

Options
nehaad88
nehaad88 Posts: 159 Member
Hi,

I have recently started taking whey protein in the morning. I have so far tried milk-banana-vanilla-protein smoothie and yogurt-honey-protein smoothies.

Can you help me with more options?

TIA

Replies

• Tanyaanderson1983
    Tanyaanderson1983 Posts: 1 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    1/3 cup 0% plain Greek yogurt, 1/2 scoop protein powder,1/3 cup all bran buds mix all together So yummy. Also overnight oats 3/4 cup quick oats,1 1/2 scoop of vanilla protein and a 11oz premiere protein shake mix all together put in fridge overnight eat hot or cold . I eat it cold you can also add blueberries or chocolate chips this is 3 breakfasts for me. I eat most of my protein. Hope this helps.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I usually do 2 tbsp of unflavored whey, a tbsp of ovaltine, 6 oz milk, and 2 oz of Bailey's or Kahlua. Depending on what your responsibilities are after breakfast this may or may not be a good recipe for you.
  • Barbonica
    Barbonica Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Vanilla protein (1 scoop), frozen blueberries (3-4 ounces), 3-4 ounces fage (Greek yogurt, plain), almond milk. I use 2ounces and mix it with a hand blender, then freeze it for 30-45 minutes to make sludge or use 8 ounces of almond milk for a smoothie.

Chocolate protein, pb2 (powdered peanut butter), fage, almond milk. If you don't mind more calories, use some real peanut butter.

Strawberry protein powder, frozen raspberries or half frozen banana, cocoa powder, fage, almond milk.

If making frozen version (sludge) and don't mind the calories, add some chopped nuts.
  • jennypapage
    jennypapage Posts: 489 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    i like to keep it simple, so i either make a "hot cocoa" version (basically i heat up almond/coconut milk and just before it boils i add it in the powder).It needs to be stirred a lot and you have to add the milk slowly while stirring, otherwise you get undissolved bits. It's an excellent winter drink.
    The other way i make it, is by adding the powder in greek yoghurt, together with a bit of milk to get a creamier texture. Add fresh fruit and a bit of honey.
    The other day i made a protein cheesecake. Turned out really great. The recipe came from the recipe section here.
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
  • KMMRN
    KMMRN Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I add it into most things I make. Oatmeal, tuna salad, casseroles, smoothies, soups, desserts. I find it is undetectable when added, and does not seem to change the taste or texture of anything. The added protein keeps me feeling full longer. I can buy it quite cheaply at the Bulk Barn. Also, many hospital dieticians will give it out for free, in the form of Beneprotein..to people like me who are receiving cancer treatment.
  • ziggyc
    ziggyc Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    i make a 'smoothie in a bowl'. i put together 1 cup of plain whole milk yogurt, 1/4 cup rolled oats (i heat these up firs thing and let them cool off before I put them in the yogurt), 3/4-1 cup of berries, and 1 scoop of whey. It's super filling, checks all the important boxes, and keeps me satisfied until lunchtime.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
  • denisedess
    denisedess Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Spinach, avocado, mangos, and strawberries! Yum! You can also add a scoop of protein