For the guys: What kind of underwear do you wear while joggi

Options
It must have been the heat today but I have a minor issue, which I'm assuming comes from my regular boxers. What do you guys wear to stay cool, comfortable and not have any issues?

Replies

• Fit4Vet
    Fit4Vet Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Okay so yeah, I'm a girl, but my brother (the runner in the family) swears by compression (think that's what it's called) shorts. He "bare" runs otherwise I think - just the compression shorts & his run shorts over them. HTH
  • sweetbn
    sweetbn Posts: 318
    Options
    My fiance wears the shorts with the built in panties instead of boxers. Well, not panties, but thats what I call them. :) You know what I mean.

He also runs with a shirt off b/c of nipple chaffing... hope that helps!!!
  • TashaS
    TashaS Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Can't help with the type of underwear... but my hubby sometimes has some 'issues' caused by heat - recommend baby powder to help with the problem.
  • baggins706
    baggins706 Posts: 310
    Options
    My hubby wears light weight bike shorts with that moisture management technology to keep "things" cool and dry under his running shorts! You can find them at any sporting goods store like Dic*'s Sporting Goods.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Not panties - MANTIES!
  • uriaha
    uriaha Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Running shorts with built-in underwear are the way to go. I wear the kind with built-in briefs, but they also make some with built-in boxer briefs if you prefer.
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    I wear Starter Dri-Star. It's 81% polyester and 19% Elastine so it stays snung to the body. They are a boxer-brief.
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Not panties - MANTIES!

:noway: :noway: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I usually just wear my normal boxer briefs.

But I have worn a thin compression short or the "swim trunk" type shorts with the underwear already in them.
  • summersmi
    summersmi Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Maybe I just payed attention in gym class too much but I wear my Jock strap. It keeps thing cool and where they are supposed to be. Nothing fancy just plain old Jock.
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    My fiance wears the shorts with the built in panties instead of boxers. Well, not panties, but thats what I call them. :) You know what I mean.

Built in "panties"? Does your fiance know you're giving him up? LOL
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options

I was laughing so hard at the "panties" that I missed the "nipple chafing."

Holy shiznit! How many calories are burned rolling on the floor laughing?
  • BlairKimball
    BlairKimball Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I wear boxers most the time but have switched to boxer briefs when exercising. What is in style now?
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I don't.

Just gym shorts.
  • BiloxiBelle
    BiloxiBelle Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    My hubby wears compression "manties" (haha, funny word) by Under Armour. (sorry honey if you read this :laugh: )

As far as "nipple chafing"...he uses Bodyglide to aviod that.
  • tipusnr
    tipusnr Posts: 572
    Options
    UnderArmour compression shorts when running. Padded cycling shorts when cycling.
  • RunRideRay
    RunRideRay Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    Manties, this is hilarious.

On the long runs, or really hot runs, I wear speedo's as my manties. They have just enough support and wick moisture fairly well. I'm not one for alot of bounce in my routine.
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    It must have been the heat today but I have a minor issue, which I'm assuming comes from my regular boxers. What do you guys wear to stay cool, comfortable and not have any issues?

:noway:

*sits down with a bowl of popcorn to watch this thread :laugh: *
  • big_man
    big_man Posts: 12
    Options
    I wear tri-shorts when I run and haven't had any problems. Much more comfortably than regular pants.
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    I'm not one for alot of bounce in my routine.
    :noway::laugh: :noway: :laugh: :noway: :laugh: :noway:

On another note:
    At the last race I ran, there was a man wearing ONLY the Under Amrour boxer brief underwear... they might be good *under* something, but along... not so much :sick: