College Girls!

Options
I'm going into my second year and this year I will have a full kitchen and won't be stuck to microwaveable dinners. My mom has great recipes but I need something easy, healthy, and YUMMY! Also, I'm taking 18 units next year and working. On M & W I'm at school from 8am-7pm and working the others days, how do you girls manage to get enough exercise in? I can fit 1-2 hrs of working out during the summer but with homework and exams, I doubt that'll be attainable during school.

Replies

• msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    break it up!!
    With the exercise if you're motivated enough you can get a run or walk in (30 minutes) in the morning and strength training or yoga (30 minutes) in the evening...

As for dinners- check out self.com their recipe section is REALLY great, also papayahead.com has a lot of good stuff too!! :)
    Good Luck!!!
  • rad007
    rad007 Posts: 26
    Options
    Elliptical Stepper (Precor EFX) You can burn 450-600 calories in 30 minutes
  • OnionCookie
    OnionCookie Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I actually study while walking on the treadmill. I record the lectures and listen to them while weight lifting as well. That way I get study time and a good workout instead of just sitting and studying and having to find time to work out. The reading while running takes some getting used to but once you do its so handy.

If I'm writing papers, for every page I write I take a brake and do 10-20 crunches or push-ups. That gets in some muscle training.

For food you can never go wrong with lots of fruit and veggies. Buy fish in the boxes, Tilapia and salmon are really good. Salt and pepper each side, grill for four minutes (or more depending on taste) each side. Frozen veggies pop them in water and boil and you have a good dinner.

Whole wheat pita bread with lean turkey, and low fat cheese loaded with veggies is always good and not very expensive.

Tuna in whole wheat wraps with low fat mayo, mustard, or miracle whip (just a tad) with veggies. Kraft also makes this amazing new Olive oil mayo that is low in bad fats and calories. It's only 45 calories per tablespoon when regular mayo is like 90.

On a day off cook some chicken breasts and pick it off the bone into small pieces. Keep it in a bowl in the fridge for easy chicken sandwiches. Find low fat, low sodium BBQ sauce and eat it on pita or whole wheat bread with the chicken and a tiny amount of cheese and vegetables.

Salads are always simple, just go easy on the dressings. I put some dressing in a small bowl dip by fork in it then take a veggie from the bowl of salad and eat it that way. You get the dressing but don't eat as much of it.

Those are some things I'm doing and I seem to be losing weight at a steady pace. :wink:
  • bhelmreich
    bhelmreich Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I actually study while walking on the treadmill. I record the lectures and listen to them while weight lifting as well. That way I get study time and a good workout instead of just sitting and studying and having to find time to work out.
    im always afraid ill end up tripping on myself. Im pretty good at studying while using the elliptical. Pita bread sandwich sounds so good!! My roomates may try to steal my amazing food.
  • Kudzu
    Kudzu Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the easy food ideas!! Sounds great for lunch ideas!!