Runners - have you ever?

Options
124»

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Only once. I had been running, safely, in DC for years, but on a trip to suburban Boston some young "men" went by in a truck, yelled something sexual and obscene at me and threw an open beer at me.

Hah, and I was just about to post that although I got yelled at plenty of times when I was living in the UK, since moving to the burbs of Boston, I've never been yelled at at all. Hope the beer can didn't hit you.

OP, it sucks I know, but please try and brush it off, and don't let that idiot stop you from running.

which burbs? I was near framingham.
  • Bluepegasus
    Bluepegasus Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I've had all sorts of verbal abuse thrown at me whilst running. I've had a gang of yobs chase me. I've had someone throw an apple at me (which actually hit me) from a car. I've had someone blow an airhorn at me from a car (which was actually pretty funny). I don't let any of it bother me, never have done. I couldn't care less what people say or do, they're the ones being stupid, not me.
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Only once. I had been running, safely, in DC for years, but on a trip to suburban Boston some young "men" went by in a truck, yelled something sexual and obscene at me and threw an open beer at me.

Hah, and I was just about to post that although I got yelled at plenty of times when I was living in the UK, since moving to the burbs of Boston, I've never been yelled at at all. Hope the beer can didn't hit you.

OP, it sucks I know, but please try and brush it off, and don't let that idiot stop you from running.

which burbs? I was near framingham.

I'm a bit nearer the city. Right by Heartbreak Hill in fact. So always plenty of runners out practicing for the Boston Marathon.