Best steak you will ever eat. High protein meal

Options
Saelith
Saelith Posts: 556 Member
Hello everyone! I decided to start sharing some of my most successful recipes of all time with you all in hopes that when your in need of a great dinner ideas I can be there for you!

Today's recipe:
Honey soy sauce Strip steaks With Broccoli and baked
Cajun potatoes

You will want to start the potatoes before the steaks

What you will need:
NewYork Strip steaks x2 (this can be of your choice ofc)
Honey. 1/2 Cup
Soy Sauce. 1/2 cup
Oliver oil. 1/2 Cup
Minced garlic. 2 cloves
Ground Ginger 1 tablespoon
Vinegar. 2 Table spoons

Directions: Mix all ingredients as best possible. Slice 2 shallow lines on top of each steak to allow marinade to soak in. Place steaks in separate zip-lock bags pouring half of marinade into each, remove all air, and mix them around until completely covered. For best results marinade for a minimum of 4 hours; overnight is ideal

Baking: I recommend cooking these steaks for 2 minutes on each side in olive oil before placing them in the oven. Preheat oven to 375F, bake steaks to desired color. Monitor regularly as they will finish in under 10 minutes.

Brocolli: easy part just buy a steamable bag and cook it or read the bag directions for cooking recommendations.

Potatoes: you will need 2 / 3 potatoes. I like to use both sweet and Idaho but u can do either or as you want.

Make sure you wash them first, afterwards slice each potato into your desired shape. I recommend cubing them. Place into a good size bowl preferable one with a lid of not its ok.

Mix the cubes with 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil
Add a sprinkle of salt and a sprinkle of pepper where there is enough that all potatoes when mixed they all have some on them. Finally sprinkle a small amount of cayenne pepper onto them, mix all together.

Baking: Bake potatoes on a tray spread out evenly at 400F start at 45 minutes and monitor them afterwards.

Enjoy!

Replies

• inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    I pretty much just salt and pepper that bad boy and fight it for my sides it's so rare. I'm interested to try a marinade though, thanks!
  • Troutrouter1968
    Troutrouter1968 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Salt, pepper, and a little granulated garlic is all a steak needs. I like to reverse sear my thick steaks and top them with a blue cheese compound butter.