I love giving random advice

Options

Replies

• toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    we've got a new person joining our D&D group next week. the group currently consists of a human fighter, an eladrin wizard, a human ranger, and two halflings, one is a druid and the other is a rogue. what race and class do you think the new player should be?

we're very low level right now so we're easy to kill, but we also don't murderhobo everything in sight either, so hit points don't matter too much. i'm the fighter so whatever character they play is prob going to stay behind me most of the game anyhow if that helps.

Definitely a cleric, a dedicated tank healer would be a nice addition.
  • samuelgina91
    samuelgina91 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I got bored. I came back.
    How do I convince my bf that we need 2 cats and a dog in his apartment?

You don't convince him of anything you sit down and have a conversation about pets with him. Does he want pets? Can he have pets, or is he allergic? Do you both have time for said pets with your/his work schedule? Finally, does your apartment building allow pets or will he need to find an apartment that does allow them? Lots of questions to ask before you set about trying to convince your significant other about taking that step in your relationship. Because quite simply if he doesn't want a pet, then he either will be forced to look after it, or he wont treat the pet with the care it needs. Either way it breeds resentment and unduly forcing someone else to take up responsibilities that they don't want, so find out prior to convincing if having a pet is something he is open too. Also try with a smaller number of animals first to test the waters so to speak, maybe pet sit for a friend. Good luck to you.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

you don't.

because, well... you don't.
  • NewlifeinNW
    NewlifeinNW Posts: 3,866 Member
    Options
    What's the secret to making great biscuits?

White Lilly Flour
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Ok, so if I am going to remix Adele, should I use 2pac or Biggie?
  • peanutbuttertuesday
    peanutbuttertuesday Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »

I love it when you call me big lo-o-verrrr...
  • bobtater1
    bobtater1 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    happimess1 wrote: »
    Why do pigeons seem to have such an excellent aim but i cant pee straight standing still?

Pigeons have excellent vision and maybe you have one leg shorter than the other one.
  • bobtater1
    Options

My answer to that is what can he do to convince you that you don't need 2 cats?? Dog is okay.
  • bobtater1
    Options
    https://www.facebook.com/viralthread/videos/860215680786942/ for some reason mfp isn't working what do you suggest??
  • samuelgina91
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »

Good evening, we'll can't say I have enough experience to be able to tell you which is better. You are the expert in the sound you want to hear so mix both you may like one more than the other when you start and then continue. You might like both, you can do all three or you can decide neither work. Truth is just start and if you finish and you can't decide bring in someone who isn't familiar with the artist and play it for them. If the unbiased third party likes it,
    especially from a genre they don't typically listen to, then you did a great job. Good luck.
  • samuelgina91
    Options
    bobtater1 wrote: »
    https://www.facebook.com/viralthread/videos/860215680786942/ for some reason mfp isn't working what do you suggest??

Well great video
  • samuelgina91
    Options
    How does one begin a career in, well... adult entertainment?

Asking for a friend

Well if it is for your friend I suppose I could tell you. Tell them that if they go to any of the adult films production website they would be able to find out contact information from a contact us link. I would think that it works like any other industries webpage, and if they dont jave one maybe ask your friend ti try out for helping them with their web design. Peace out, this is purely speculation but it makes a good starting place, hope you and your friend have fun
  • samuelgina91
    Options
    bobtater1 wrote: »

Well great video

I wrote more earlier maybe it was eaten up? Use the tools the site is teaching you and track calories manually, stick to foods you know the caloric value of and add it up. Put it into the site when it comes back.
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options

Asking for a friend

According to my former friend Ms. 140, start with being a phone sex operator :s
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    Toilet paper - over or under?

Oh dear! This is an age old dilemma! I think it says something profound about a person, I just don't know what. OP, can you please weigh in on this topic? It's deeply philosophical...

I know I sometimes change the orientation of the roll in other people's bathrooms just to mess with them. In fact, an ex-girlfriend was one who always went under, and I constantly changed it to over, and it drove her nuts. (It's not the reason we broke up, but it probably didn't help.)
  • peanutbuttertuesday
    peanutbuttertuesday Posts: 192 Member
    Options

Asking for a friend

Move to Florida or California since that's where you will be doing all your work. Find an agent since you are unlikely to contact a production company and become a contract girl/guy right off the bat. Good luck.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Obi Wan Kenobi said "IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN, I SHALL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE"

But after he did, he really didn't anthing except show up a ghost a few times. So my question is this:

Why didn't he really do anything more powerful?
  • samuelgina91
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Why did my breasts begin to sag so abruptly and dramatically? I've done an exhaustive investigation and can't come up with even one reasonable explanation. I thought it would be like the Stevie Nicks lyrics from the song The Edge of Seventeen "...the slow and graceful flow of age..." :grey_question:

Technically we are all victims to collagen and elastin, which is a type of tissue that makes our skin super elastic and bouncy, but as we get older those lovely babies give up and take a hike and it comes around the time estrogen decides it is also the time to die and the girls are left to fend for themselves. And gravity finally wins it's long battle and slowly the girls make their descent to meet the belly button and party. Truth is depends on body type too, some girls have have droopy breasts, some are full figured, some don't see the light of day and some have decided to never return. :) I wish you the best of luck.
  • samuelgina91
    Options
    Obi Wan Kenobi said "IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN, I SHALL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE"

But after he did, he really didn't anthing except show up a ghost a few times. So my question is this:

Why didn't he really do anything more powerful?

I watched this movie! One for the human hibernating under a rock. He joined the force and became a spirit advisory character for Luke, and may possibly have some kind of history to be revealed in the next movie (one can hope), man decided he was bored to death of death and decided to troll his student's kid as a all powerful spiritual being manifestation of the force. Pretty powerful.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Yay! You're back

So what do you suggest to do when you hear someone give bad advice, or you know a better option?

Do you speak up and offer the better or alternate option?

If it was a friend receiving the bad advice I would not hesitate to give my opinion, possibly not in the company of the person who gave the initial advice.

If it is a stranger, or casual acquaintance I tend to hold back, but I feel bad when I know there are alternate choices that are better.