Every Start Matters Challenge - Fitbit questions/issues

Hey everyone! Question regarding the Every Start Matters Challenge when it comes to Fitbit. I see you get extra achievements for logging exercises as well logging your breakfast. If I manually log an exercise on MFP, will it change the stats on my Fitbit app? I have the Alta, which tracks my aerobic exercise automatically. I see that I have a few exercises logged for the week through my Fitbit, does it not translate to MFP?

Sorry if this is a newbie type question. I have been a member of MFP for years, but haven't really used it since getting my Fitbit in 2015. I know... shame on me. :( Getting back on track now, and wondering how this all works. Thanks!

Replies

• Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    I just got a fitbit myself, and am still figuring it out. FYI, under Groups there's one called 'fitbit users' that you might join for info.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    MFP only reads your steps and total calories burned from Fitbit. It cannot tell if you burned those calories through exercise, general activity, or BMR. It looks like you have to log an exercise on MFP for the bonus to count.