Snacks and still losing???

Options
Hello to all,
I am on a mission to lose 40lbs. I currently eat around 1400 cals a day but every other day eat these things called Takis if anyone knows what they are. Like a spicy little chip, I don't go overboard lol. My question is has anyone had success by still having snacks?? I know it's all about CICO but what you eat still matters. I workout daily 30-60 mins a day with a variety of cardio/ weights. Please let me know if anybody has still had success eating little snacks here and there. Just curious and good luck to all.

Replies

• kimkimcoleman
    kimkimcoleman Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Sure, as long as you count the calories.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    200 lbs of success eating pizza, ice cream, cookies, cupcakes, cake, pie, chocolate, etc. Of course not all at one time, but I do eat snacks of some sort every day. IMO as long as you weigh them and log them then it is no biggie. I love chicharrones and I normally keep some at home. If I eat 1/4 of a serving it gets rid of my craving for that food. If I want more and it fits in my calories for the day then I have it.
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I think most of us have had success eating the things that we love in controlled amounts. I lost 70lbs by eating what I wanted in reasonable amounts. I feel better when I eat nutritionally dense food, but that is not going to stop me from having ice cream at night or a burger now and then. Balance.

And yes, my husband and step son are obsessed with Takis. My husband snacks frequently, and has lost 25lbs since February 1 - he has more to lose than you though.
  • John1643
    John1643 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have in the past - when I was younger - this time around (Mid 40's) I didn't have success until I stopped snacking. I had to reorder my eating to see results. Kind of like appetite retraining. Once I got out of the habit of snacking it seemed to lessen my appetite (took months) which made it easier to stick to my calorie goals.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I think most of us have had success eating the things that we love in controlled amounts. I lost 70lbs by eating what I wanted in reasonable amounts. I feel better when I eat nutritionally dense food, but that is not going to stop me from having ice cream at night or a burger now and then. Balance.

And yes, my husband and step son are obsessed with Takis. My husband snacks frequently, and has lost 25lbs since February 1 - he has more to lose than you though.

I forgot about burgers. Granted I do not have them much, but when I get the craving I get a big burger, sometimes with fries sometimes not.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    mrspett323 wrote: »
    Hello to all,
    I am on a mission to lose 40lbs. I currently eat around 1400 cals a day but every other day eat these things called Takis if anyone knows what they are. Like a spicy little chip, I don't go overboard lol. My question is has anyone had success by still having snacks?? I know it's all about CICO but what you eat still matters. I workout daily 30-60 mins a day with a variety of cardio/ weights. Please let me know if anybody has still had success eating little snacks here and there. Just curious and good luck to all.

I have snacks. I look at total calories consumed, by logging accurately. This means using a food scale, logging accurate quantities. I also consider what will leave me feeling satisfied/satiated.
  • DavidRocketts
    DavidRocketts Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    A lot of advice suggests dividing your calories into 6 meals a day - ideal if you can make the time. As others said re remaining inside your daily limit..
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! They are low-calorie snacks for the most part, but a piece of string cheese or a couple of cups of Skinny Pop popcorn really help tide me over!
  • MomReborn
    MomReborn Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I find I'm able to have a decent calorie deficit if I snack. Not so much if I avoid them altogether. I guess "hangry" is a thing with me :D
  • CassondraKennedy
    CassondraKennedy Posts: 229 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I LOVE Takis! I always drink tons of water while eating them too, so that's an added bonus for me :)

My advice would be to weigh them instead of count them by "pieces." I've noticed that fewer pieces are typically equal to one serving by weight. You may be eating more calories than you think if you aren't using a food scale.

Edited to add: I've lost over 20 pounds since January and have not cut one food out of my diet. It's all about moderation and portion control! Good luck to you :)
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I lost over 100lbs eating a bowl of special K cracker chips every.single.night. It curbed my cravings for chips. Always within my calorie budget. It was great to know there was that treat waiting for me at the end of the day.
  • mrspett323
    mrspett323 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Yep I weigh everythingggg!
  • andrewq6100
    andrewq6100 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    heck yeah flexible dieting is key I have snacks almost daily. Some people will preach NO YOU MUST CUT THIS AND THAT but nah you can make it work as long as your consistent with your meals and calorie deficit. Now albeit some foods are LESS nutritious for your body and will fuel you less etc but not going to be detrimental to your diet unless you make it a huge part of your calorie count for the day.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Food is food, it doesn't matter when, what or in what quantities you eat it as long as you eat less than you burn you'll lose fat.
  • alondrakayy
    alondrakayy Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I only have 2 of what some would consider meals and everything else is snacks. If I don't eat at least every two hours I go crazy. Snacks are life!
  • LessCookiess
    LessCookiess Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    As long as it's within your calorie numbers it's fine. Be warned takis is sodium laden so it might cause your weight to flactuate. I usually enjoy small servings of it on rare occasions. Enjoy snacking.
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Have a look at my diary. Most of my calories most days come from snacks, which is how I categorize anything I eat that's not part of a sit-down meal. Very often I'm just filling in available calories at the end of the day.
  • Rusty740
    Rusty740 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I lost a lot (40 lbs from 175 lbs) of weight and still had tasty treats :smile: