469lbs to 195 lbs in less then a year

Options
wcaston1977
wcaston1977 Posts: 102 Member
Hello everyone last January I was 469 and hating life. My buddy Leon said I have to share my story! So here it goes. End of March is when I started using myfitnespal. Thanks to it and fitbit I've dropped an incredible amount of weight. My doctor said I was gonna become diabetic and more than likely wont see my daughter's wedding and possibly them graduating high school. So I looked into weight loss surgery and felt it was right for me. From January to March I dropped 19 pounds. August 8th I was down to 338lbs. That was surgery day. People ask me why did you still have surgery when you dropped so much weight? I still say today for accountability. It has helped me so now I can not cheat and just go eat candy or bad foods. If I did I would get really sick. I decided on the gastric bypass surgery (RNY) I eat my proteins first then veggies. It's pretty cool cause all those cravings for candy and all the other crap went away. I walk every day and try to be active as much as I can. My apartment has a gym and I use it a lot. The last month and a half I have been lazy and didn't go. I will be back at it again. It's an amazing feeling to be able to put your socks and shoes on without getting winded and sweating up a storm. I could barely reach my foot cause of how fat I was. I have had great support from friends here and on Facebook. If you have questions on weight loss surgery ask me. I'm an open book. I eat about 1100 to 1300 calories a day. I'm 5'4" and 195 as of today. Thank you for reading my success story.

Replies

• Bekah7482
    Bekah7482 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Awesome job and congratulations!!
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Good for you!
  • mandalunia
    mandalunia Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Wow amazing. I hope you don't mind me asking but how is the loose skin situation? I'm coming up on 100 pounds lost in 9 months and I'm struggling with getting my skin to bounce back. I'm trying to lift weights a bit but any tips you have would be appreciated.
  • kimv1188
    kimv1188 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Absolutey amazing!
  • wow29
    wow29 Posts: 283 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Amazing job. I started a doctor-advised program in February. Today, is my 31st day on MFP. I try to have a high protein low carb and low sugar diet. It is not a goal, it is a way of being. I am about 5'3 and 218lbs. I would like to weigh 146lbs in a year. I realized that one does not really miss most things that are no longer in my daily diet. It is a mind-set and a way of life that one accepts. It really hit home when the doc stated that he shared my stats as a guide to stats that lead to a heart attack! Can you share about your daily regime and surgery? Thank you for sharing your story of success!
  • StevenGarrigus
    StevenGarrigus Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Fantastic work. I was sleeved this past August and have lost 83lbs so far. From a high of 289lbs to 206lbs as of last week. I have 33 more to go to hit my healthy weight range, something I haven't seen since puberty. Like you, the surgery helps keep me accountable. Eating fried greasy foods or sweets is no longer an option.

Again, congratulations and enjoy your newfound health.
  • wcaston1977
    Options
    I do have loose skin about 10 pounds worth. Lifting weights, swimming, drinking lots of water.
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Way to go!
  • wcaston1977
    Options
    wow29 wrote: »
    Amazing job. I started a doctor-advised program in February. Today, is my 31st day on MFP. I try to have a high protein low carb and low sugar diet. It is not a goal, it is a way of being. I am about 5'3 and 218lbs. I would like to weigh 146lbs in a year. I realized that one does not really miss most things that are no longer in my daily diet. It is a mind-set and a way of life that one accepts. It really hit home when the doc stated that he shared my stats as a guide to stats that lead to a heart attack! Can you share about your daily regime and surgery? Thank you for sharing your story of success!

I wake up about 5am. I try to do some stretches do a 10 minute YouTube workout video. I drink 32oz of water with miralex. Then while driving my kids to school I drink my premier protein shake. I play with the kids at my 5yo school. Definitely getting some cardio in. I leave the kids and jog about a block and a half away to my van. Then hit the gym or go on hikes with friends. I'll have my lunch which is usually yogurt and some nuts or ground chicken and beans. I only drink water or mio added to it. For dinner I have been on a seafood kick lately shrimp or fish. With broccoli or carrots. Then for an evening snack yogurt or a protein shake.
  • wcaston1977
    Options
    wow29 wrote: »

I wake up about 5am. I try to do some stretches do a 10 minute YouTube workout video. I drink 32oz of water with miralex. Then while driving my kids to school I drink my premier protein shake. I play with the kids at my 5yo school. Definitely getting some cardio in. I leave the kids and jog about a block and a half away to my van. Then hit the gym or go on hikes with friends. I'll have my lunch which is usually yogurt and some nuts or ground chicken and beans. I only drink water or mio added to it. For dinner I have been on a seafood kick lately shrimp or fish. With broccoli or carrots. Then for an evening snack yogurt or a protein shake.

I had the rny gastric bypass. August 8th of last year.
  • wcaston1977
    Options
    Congratulations! Fantastic work. I was sleeved this past August and have lost 83lbs so far. From a high of 289lbs to 206lbs as of last week. I have 33 more to go to hit my healthy weight range, something I haven't seen since puberty. Like you, the surgery helps keep me accountable. Eating fried greasy foods or sweets is no longer an option.

Again, congratulations and enjoy your newfound health.

Exactly it's awesome to have the accountability. Congratulations on your weight dropped.
  • wcaston1977
    Options
    Anyone who wants to add me as friend I would love to have you add me.
  • coconutlove93
    coconutlove93 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Wow that's amazing! I am about where you started weight wise and I have a long way to go. I'm doing it without surgery, but I wish I could do it in a year lol. Fantastic job! :smiley:
  • SierraFatToSkinny
    SierraFatToSkinny Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    That's just astounding. I'm amazed! Good job!

What's your plan for transitioning to maintenance?
  • wcaston1977
    Options
    That's just astounding. I'm amazed! Good job!

What's your plan for transitioning to maintenance?

I wanna start hitting the weights harder to build more muscle. I have a lot of lose skin and no butt lol. Hopefully I can get skin removal surgery to be covered. I eat very healthy and drink water or mio flavored water. I know soon my body will stop dropping weight and I'll have to be happy with that final number.
  • wcaston1977
    Options
    Wow that's amazing! I am about where you started weight wise and I have a long way to go. I'm doing it without surgery, but I wish I could do it in a year lol. Fantastic job! :smiley:

I wanted the surgery for accountability. I dropped 131 pounds before surgery. If I cheat on my meal plan I will get sick. So I know if I don't eat healthy I'm gonna pay the price. I eat for my body to have energy now. Not eat just to eat like I used too. I wish you a lot of success. Stay focused and don't cheat.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!