Options
jennybearlv
jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
It feels like I've finally made it into the 20th century.qb32zckuoiyc.jpg

Replies

• NewlifeinNW
    NewlifeinNW Posts: 3,866 Member
    Options
    I have to ask...why have you never had a microwave before?
  • AdamAthletic
    AdamAthletic Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Nicely done.
    The world is your oyster now!
  • amylynn896
    amylynn896 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    lol i just got one 2 months ago
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    csbnga wrote: »
    There is conflicting research on the pros and cons of microwave ovens, thanks to the likes of GE who aggressively invest in its defence and the horde of restaurateurs who rely on this oven (and its variants) to get the food out there for the patrons.

I even give a hard time to waitstaff and insist my food should not be microwaved. A Mexican restaurant microwaved my enchiladas from a pre-prepped package and got an earful.....

I just want to be on the safe side of nutrients and effects of microwaving ;)

You do realize we are bombarded by microwaves all day every day, such as wireless technology?

Was going to say this.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options

There was one in my childhood home.... But we don't have one in our house now. We did - barely used it, it broke, we ended up getting rid of it because it was taking up space.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    tjiddy wrote: »
    Is that a microwave oven mitt?

Duh you don't have one?

And yay for a microwave.
  • jennybearlv
    Options
    wizzybeth wrote: »
    OMG IT'S GOING TO START SPYING ON YOU!!

Naw, it's an old timey microwave. I'm pretty sure my laundry washing habits are being tracked though. I'm super worried Samsung will tell the government that I line dry my activewear and never wash towels in the towel cycle.
  • jennybearlv
    Options

I originally bought them as an gas oven and cast iron pan mitt, but it works equally well for removing hot dishes from the microwave. They do have magnets that stick to the sides of my microwave which makes me happy.
  • jennybearlv
    Options

I have had a microwave for most of my life, but I bought my first house in July and it didn't come with a microwave. We have gotten by without, but I was having trouble with my ventilation hood, so figured I'd upgrade to a microwave. My ventilation had greatly improved.
  • jennybearlv
    Options
    I attended a renowned scientist's speech in the city and she explained what happens to broccoli (for example) when it is microwaved for a minute straight off the fridge and eaten. That was seven years ago, and piggy's microwave has not been used since.

The only reason it is still there in my kitchen is to keep my home's value at market price should my wife and I decide to get a bigger house.

My mother used to microwave frozen broccoli and it didn't have good texture. My microwave has a sensor function for soft fresh vegetables like broccoli. I have not tried it yet. I am glad the microwave increases my homes value, but had I known I would have used the lack of microwave to negotiate the price down.
  • jennybearlv
    Options
    congratulations
    Nicely done.
    The world is your oyster now!
    synchkat wrote: »

Duh you don't have one?

And yay for a microwave.

Thank you.
  • JukeboxHeroine
    JukeboxHeroine Posts: 348 Member
    Options

Why does everything you say sound pretentious? Is it just me?[/quote]

Agreed
  • subcounter
    subcounter Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    Protip: Don't microwave your cellphone. You might accidentally summon Satan.

OFEg9.gif