I dislike food

Options
I 305 pounds after heart surgery. I wallowed in my pity and now I'm struggling to eat 2000 calories. That should be enough correct. I stay at 1600-1800 some nights I'm hungry so I get close and I don't know if I'm active or nothe. I work out for at least 40 minutes 6 days a week. Lightly active says eat 2500 I can't eatvendors get 2k. I don't want to starve my body...just frustrated.

Replies

• andrewq6100
    andrewq6100 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    hey glad to see you are on here making the right step! from the information you left I can only give advice onto that. So I'm assuming you are still 300 lbs or so correct? If you are struggling to eat 2k cals it could be part 1 mental blocking from the surgery ya know a phase, and the other part is your body is not ready for it possibly. All I can suggest is maybe consuming a high calorie protein drink like a MASS GAINER and also eating small portion meals throughout the day maybe you can trick your metabolism even if at first it seems you have to force the food down then you may have to. Also it depends on what your goal is if you are looking for weight loss then ensure you are at a deficit in your caloric intake as well and if you are lightly active than hey that beats being not active at all so anything counts. Small steps working towards a bigger goal so first just lay out what your looking to do, then you can slowly start mapping out how you are going to get there and MFP is a great resource with great people to help you along the way!
  • SierraFatToSkinny
    SierraFatToSkinny Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I understand the question....
  • jbzy3000
    jbzy3000 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    OK that makes sense look it's Kris. I was Thinking 235 then had surgery last April. Somehow I bulked up to 330 through meds and possibly depreunion. I'm walking e erything day and burn around 400-600 calories I'm down 25 pounds so it's working. I'm just worried that the calories aren't there I can't eat anymore it's a struggle. It's almost a year and my taste buds are just waking up and food is just ok. Just didn't want to go into starvation mode.
  • jbzy3000
    jbzy3000 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    OK thanks...I feel better now. I have cut my insulin down from 35 units to 5 so I know I'm going in right direction. I was feeling concerned about not eating enough...thanks again