is it water weight?

salina14u
salina14u Posts: 12 Member
edited March 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
Okay so I've been having a problem with my weight I notice that one day I will be at 210 then the next I will jump up to 218 and go down to 214 over the next couple days and stays like that for about 2 weeks out of month right after my Tom (time of month) I will go back down to 210 or lower .is this normal?? Hope I made sense! Thank you

Replies

• DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Correct, your body'll retain what's necessary & generate (blood) to, prepare for the creation of; a potential baby!
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,447 Member
    A lb takes going up or down 3500 Cal. You are not having swings of 8 times that a day. Some options causing variations
    What wearing on scale changes
    If you have gone to bathroom recent or not
    Water weight differences
    Scale inaccuracies

Look at trend line not individual data points.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Indeed water weight.

Sadly for us ladies, hormones are a *kitten*.

Here's my weight evolution the past 3 months. The points are my weight-ins, the red line is the trend. See the high in January? A month later the high was just a smidgen lower and it's even lower now. That's what you need to compare; the weight today to the weight one months ago. If I looked at the daily weight points, my mood would be all over the place.

3 months comparative:
    7pkm63gdx23c.png

9 months comparative:
    jisbgjt8ln7s.png

You can see on the 9 months comparative how added hormones stalled my weight and made the losses more unpredictable in the short term, yet in the long term, the trend stays the same (it's going down), even if the progression is slow. Sometimes it's hard hanging in there when you have the impression the scale is only creeping up and up and up and up. If after 4 weeks it's still creeping up, then's the time to take action. :smile:

I warmly suggest a weight trending app to help you deal with the fluctuations:
    Android: libra
    IOS: happy scale
    Web: trendweight.com

(there might be others, but I don't know them. Personally I use trendweight. You need a fitbit account to link to it, but that's free).