Losing inches and not lbs? Pics?

Options
2»

Replies

• Amysnewgroove
    Options
    I am far from being an expert but that is probably a good sign...you are building muscle!!
  • afryy
    afryy Posts: 3
    Options
    Isn't there a thing about how muscle weighs more than fat? You could easily be losing weight, but gaining muscle at the same time. So it would account for the inches lost with no difference on a scale.
    You're doing good. Keep it up.
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I'm also an inch loser rather than a pound loser. It can mess with your head a little because we learn to rely on what the scale says. I've had to learn to rely on clothes and my tape measure. I had a bit of an epiphany recently when I was looking that the fitness category on Pinterest. There was a picture of this amazing looking woman. She was firm and fit and I figured she surely cares more about muscle than weight and if I want to look like that then that's what I need to do. I won't get the kind of body I want by doing cardio and dropping pounds. I need to lift weights. And if I lift weights I don't lose many pounds but I lose fat and keep as much muscle as possible.
  • kaytea45
    kaytea45 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm also an inch loser rather than a pound loser. It can mess with your head a little because we learn to rely on what the scale says. I've had to learn to rely on clothes and my tape measure. I had a bit of an epiphany recently when I was looking that the fitness category on Pinterest. There was a picture of this amazing looking woman. She was firm and fit and I figured she surely cares more about muscle than weight and if I want to look like that then that's what I need to do. I won't get the kind of body I want by doing cardio and dropping pounds. I need to lift weights. And if I lift weights I don't lose many pounds but I lose fat and keep as much muscle as possible.

That is such a great epiphany! That really helps! I also need to keep reminding myself it takes time, success won't come over night!
  • iNkedFiTmama
    iNkedFiTmama Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    This! I only WI once a month because of this. Its discouraging but I know my body is changing, my clothes fit better and I look a LOT better now. Yay for lifting.
    I wish posting pictures were easier on this site. I have been the same weight for 3 months now but increased my weight training and went from a size 6 to a size 2. I don't really weigh myself any more because it doesn't change. I measure and buy new clothes.
  • kaytea45
    kaytea45 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!