Alcohol doesn't cause weight gain?

Options
2»

Replies

• Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I always eat when I drink so this is not good news for me.
  • Larissa_NY
    Larissa_NY Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I saw that too and thought they meant alcohol calories didn't count. I was like wha? This person is clueless.

According to the article my adult protein shakes are a good way to consume alcohol, just need a little fiber. I knew I was doing something right.

Wait. Tell me more about these adult protein shakes.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    The other part to consider is that most people don't drink straight grain alcohol. Beers and mixed drinks have other ingredients which do have calories (some are quite calorie heavy) and certainly do count toward your daily calories. Most beers are around 3% - 8% alcohol (with some being a bit higher) and 'hard' alcohols are usually somewhere around 43% alcohol. So even if you're drinking straight vodka, whiskey, etc., you're not consuming pure alcohol. I guess you could stick to straight Everclear (98% alcohol), but it wouldn't make for a very fun night out drinking.
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    My father brother and ex husband all chronic alcoholics my father died aged 54 they were all very slim as they didn't eat much nothing to do with no calories in alcohol there's lots but they drank less calories then they body burnt
    But I have seen my ex and my brother eat more and become over weight

It's all to do with cico anything with calories too much will gain us weight
  • STC02
    STC02 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Alcohol is a weird one. One weekend I had a night out and drank a half bottle of vodka with lemonade, 3 stella artois and 3 lagers. I weighed myself the next morning to see the affect and I had lost 5lb. As soon as I started eating again the 5lb went back on!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    STC02 wrote: »
    Alcohol is a weird one. One weekend I had a night out and drank a half bottle of vodka with lemonade, 3 stella artois and 3 lagers. I weighed myself the next morning to see the affect and I had lost 5lb. As soon as I started eating again the 5lb went back on!

That was dehydration