Alcohol Question

Options
2»

Replies

• jringold1
    jringold1 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    haha. Tequila makes viking's clothes fall off.

LOL! When we were at a resort in Cancun last summer we discovered Don Julio Tequila shots..... And yes, I'm not a viking but ......
  • EttaMaeMartin
    EttaMaeMartin Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    jringold1 wrote: »
    Thanks. Not that I am kicking back 500 cal of booze a day (can anyone actually function doing that) but for argument sake, looking at an extreme example, I was curious how it works out.

yes, an alcoholic can easily. not in any way implying you are. i was. i have been in recovery 10 years. when drinking, some days it was all alcohol and no food. i was never overweight when drinking, i don't understand how, considering how much i drank. crazy other life. healthy , happy and fit now! would not go back for anything!
  • EttaMaeMartin
    EttaMaeMartin Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    annacole94 wrote: »
    Is ethyl alcohol a carb?
    This alcohol is a simple molecule, a carbohydrate, which is "burned" as a fuel supplying energy to cells. Ethanol in its disguise as a fuel can be considered a non-essential nutrient. But before it is metabolized as a fuel, it is an active brain-drug and an all-purpose cellular toxin.
    It is actually deadly to some.
  • jringold1
    jringold1 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    yes, an alcoholic can easily. not in any way implying you are. i was. i have been in recovery 10 years. when drinking, some days it was all alcohol and no food. i was never overweight when drinking, i don't understand how, considering how much i drank. crazy other life. healthy , happy and fit now! would not go back for anything!
    First, congrats to you! Being sober for 10 years is no small accomplishment in itself. And the fact that you coupled that with a healthy lifestyle - that is a lot to be proud of!
    I have been researching this on the discussion boards for the past two days and thanks to all the great posters, I think I understand how this works. I simply log any alcohol as I would anything else and it is included in my daily caloric budget.

I limit myself to 2 shots of vodka in soda water a day. That is about 180 calories. What I plan to do is actually use that as motivation. I will allow myself this "treat" if I double that in exercise. If I burn 360 calories, then I can have that for my evening "treat". So yesterday I actually burned a bit over 400 calories (according to my fitbit). So I had my 180 calories of vodka and used up the remaining 220+ toward my deficit.

• kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    That "works" in the sense that you're meeting daily caloric target, but it's not wise from a nutritional standpoint.