~1200 calories a day buddies

Options
I need more MFP friends who have ~1200 calories per day goal, for motivation and meal ideas. I've been having trouble staying within my goal. Add me

Replies

• kaffialjones
    kaffialjones Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm a 1200 a day girl!! But I'm new to the communication board so I can't figure out how to add you lol. Feel free to add me!
  • rsmotivated
    rsmotivated Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm also doing 1200 calories. Feel free to add me.
  • TxTiffani
    TxTiffani Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I added you:) 5'0 gal here and stick to 1200ish/day
  • Kemp857
    Kemp857 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    also on1200 calories here! feel free to add me!
  • kallan2
    kallan2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    New here! How do I add?
  • mybicknell
    mybicknell Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I would also like to see some other 1200 calorie diaries. How do you add someone??
  • PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Same here. 5', 1200 calories. 13lbs lost, about 55 to go! Add me!
  • anybeary
    anybeary Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Been doing it for about 80 days now. Once you get in a rhythm and figure out some snacks and meals you can have, it's easy peasy. Add me. I'll open my diary.
  • pitegny
    pitegny Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Hi. I have an open diary. I set my calorie goal at 1300, but try to stay right around 1200. I make it most days by planning my meals ahead. I agree that once you get the hang of it, it is pretty easy. It is working really well for me.
  • anybeary
    Options
    Key (for me) in sticking to this 1200 cal thing: 1.) aim for between 85 to 100+ grams of protein a day. Build your meals around that. If your protein isn't high enough at 1200 calories, you will start to lose muscle mass. 2.) Once you have all your protein in, get 20-25 grams of fiber in there to keep you full. 3.) Space your meals/snacks out so that you eat 4-5 times a day. 4.) try to stay below 75 g of sugar a day (your carbs can be higher, but I try to keep sugar carbs around 50, but definitely below 75). Keeping sugar out of your diet will help to reduce cravings for bad foods. 5.) NO ALCOHOL, period. 6.) Keep your workouts moderate. No high-intensity stuff. Aim for a long walk every day or a shorter walk and 30 minutes of a combo of cardio/strength work.
  • anybeary
    Options
    One more important thing with a 1200 cal diet: supplements. You definitely need a multi-vitamin, a 1000 of D3 a day, fish oil, and probably collagen supplements. I drink like 2 gallons of water a day too. :) I like to make up a pitcher of water with cucumber and lemon slices and some mint sprigs every night, and then maybe a separate pitcher of cold green tea. I've been losing about 6 pounds a month. Good luck!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,097 Member
    Options
    I have 1200 cals
    You can add me (just write it in the optional msg -when you add me- what it's for so I remember)

Although my diary probs isn't the best to go off as I don't eat too well due to depression so think this could help me too!
  • pitegny
    Options
    mybicknell wrote: »
    I would also like to see some other 1200 calorie diaries. How do you add someone??

Click on their user name. When the small box comes up, click on their user name again and you will get a box with a button to Add Friend. When you click on that, it will give the option of adding a message. I usually like to write where I have seen their post.
  • cldb77
    cldb77 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1200, feel free to add me would love to see some diaries for inspiration and motivation
  • SweatsOnSunday
    SweatsOnSunday Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I'd like to try 1200 for a week, as part of a detox. Too much sugar and alcohol here lately. But I saw that all of you are women, and I do not want to seem like a stalker by suddenly trying to friend you so I can see your food choices.

If you don't mind sharing with a happily married middle-aged guy, who's trying to get lean for summer and take his wife to the beach, please let me know. :)
  • djtiger101
    djtiger101 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am also doing 1200 a day feel free to add me
  • pitegny
    Options
    I'd like to try 1200 for a week, as part of a detox. Too much sugar and alcohol here lately. But I saw that all of you are women, and I do not want to seem like a stalker by suddenly trying to friend you so I can see your food choices.

If you don't mind sharing with a happily married middle-aged guy, who's trying to get lean for summer and take his wife to the beach, please let me know. :)

My diary is open to all!
  • TrekkieJenee
    TrekkieJenee Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    just moved from 1400 down to 1200. But, eating fiber, protein, and a small amount of fat will keep you full all day. Feel free to add me. My diary is open.