Who Else Had...

Options
Corned beef and cabbage today?

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Still in the process. I'm cooking my corned beef on my smoker. Still has three more hours to go.
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    Not today, but I love it! Haven't had it for a long time.
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Nope. I had Micky D's.
  • LadyLilion
    LadyLilion Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I did! There is one Irish pub in my town, with amazing food, and it's only open for lunch one day per year and the only thing they serve today is corned beef and cabbage and fish & chips. My husband went and got us take out. They make the BEST corned beef EVER, from roast, completely free of fat. I had it for lunch and dinner both. :)
  • TH2017
    TH2017 Posts: 47 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I had some for dinner and totally blew my calorie goal for the day. Oh well it was delish! :) and there is always tomorrow to get back on track. I usually only have it one day out of the year and today did not disappoint.
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    omg that sounds amazing right now!
  • ronjsteele1
    ronjsteele1 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Ah! My Irish/polish husband wondered if he was going to get it for dinner tonight. Then my daughter reminded him that the last time we had it (years ago - we use to have it several times a month) we all decided it just wasn't as good as our grass fed unbrined beef and we haven't had it since. My husband changed his mind about what he wanted for dinner tonight. LOL
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,981 Member
    Options
    Not today, b/c Friday in Lent, and I couldn't find any indication that our bishop was waiving the obligation to abstain from meat in honor of St. Patrick's Day, so I had a reuben yesterday, which is corned beef and cabbage (sauerkraut) on rye with swiss cheese and russian dressing. So delicious, and as a bonus, the place near my office that I went for it, which I've only been to a couple of times, turned out to make the best french fries. (Gotta have potatoes with your corned beef and cabbage!)
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Corned Beef, Cabbage, Carrots, Onions and Butter-Parsley Red Potatoes <3
    and under total calories for the day.

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Having it tomorrow. I know a day late - oh well...
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    I made country - style ribs slow-roasted in the oven with Guinness and covered in a whiskey/orange reduction adapted from an epicurious recipe. Ribs because they were 99 cents a pound, and we have to watch salt. Served with mashed potatoes (skin left on). I was out of cabbage or carrots, has to make do with corn.

My dad took 3 helpings, so I consider the meal a success.
  • TH2017
    Options
    Not today, b/c Friday in Lent, and I couldn't find any indication that our bishop was waiving the obligation to abstain from meat in honor of St. Patrick's Day, so I had a reuben yesterday, which is corned beef and cabbage (sauerkraut) on rye with swiss cheese and russian dressing. So delicious, and as a bonus, the place near my office that I went for it, which I've only been to a couple of times, turned out to make the best french fries. (Gotta have potatoes with your corned beef and cabbage!)

This to the potatoes with the corned beef. Never had it that way until this year. Awesomeness!
  • TH2017
    Options
    Having it tomorrow. I know a day late - oh well...

At least you still get to enjoy some.
  • TH2017
    Options
    tomteboda wrote: »
    I made country - style ribs slow-roasted in the oven with Guinness and covered in a whiskey/orange reduction adapted from an epicurious recipe. Ribs because they were 99 cents a pound, and we have to watch salt. Served with mashed potatoes (skin left on). I was out of cabbage or carrots, has to make do with corn.

My dad took 3 helpings, so I consider the meal a success.

That sounds sooo good!